Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW: Life Update Part 2: The Good News (Sub-Part A)

I can't hold out anymore.  I'm dying to show you guys.  I'm dying to TELL you guys.  It's been SO PAINFUL keeping secrets from you.

Two weeks ago, I went from:

(Aw, look at my baby brother, all growed up!)

to...

And Friday it's going to be redone to give it a little more vibrancy and I'm getting it cut.  When ex said he didn't like it, I knew he had to go.

Also, as of this morning I am down to 137 lbs.  From 155 when I started this summer.  I really am feeling so much more confident with my new self.  And the best part of today was the shopping trip.

I got:

(Sorry for the baby picture...but they're Enzo Angiolinis. Suede leather.  Scored for $49)

I got a one-shoulder black and gold top.  It's mostly black with a gold-ish sort of splatter all over it.  It reads more as tan though.  The one shoulder is split in the back, and on the front has a ruffle that falls down the shoulder and asymmetrically down the front.  $25 marked down from $68.

I also bought myself some new lingerie.  Specifically an unlined black lace bra...it matches a pair of undies I already own.

So, I have a hair appointment Friday.  And a date Saturday night.  And I will take pictures before and promise to post them on the blog.

Also, my room is *almost almost* clean.  I have a few more things to pick up and I think I've finally settled on a paint color, so the plan is to pick that up next week and get going on my room on my day off.  :)  So there we are.

Sorry I waited so long.  But there you have it.  The good news, sub-part A.
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: AW: Life Update Part 2: The Good News (Sub-Part A)

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sexy mama, Sexy mama!! Woohoo! You're a hottie!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look at you with your cute librarian glasses!!  My glasses are kind of like that too (and BF totally loves them as well!)
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there sexy.

Love the new shoes!   You rock. Please post pictures of the new hair and the date.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hotness! Love the hair... LOVE the shoes... and I can't wait to see this lil top number of yours in action on a date! 

So happy for your weight loss progress. What's your secret?
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yaga - I think the reason I've been able to move back into life so quickly is that I've been sub-consciously preparing myself for this for months.  After our breakup/thing in May, things never quite got back to where they were.  And to be perfectly honest, I'm glad.  I don't want to dwell on the negatives anymore.  And there were a LOT.  It dragged me way far down emotionally for a long time.  And now, it feels like a huge weight is gone and it's so easy to just be happy again.  It's so easy to just be me.

Nursey - Honestly, I don't really have any big secret.  I stress eat, and now that a huge stressor in my life is gone, I'm just not as hungry as I used to be.  So, I try to make sure I at least eat breakfast and dinner, with some kind of a snack in between.  Mostly I've been making better choices - tuna salad on whole grain (GF) bread, more veggies with dinner, salad (I LOVE raw cabbage with a light homemade viniagrette (secret recipe...) this time of year.  It's so flavorful and raw and fresh), peanut butter, apples.  I love fall foods.  They're so good.  So, I opt for fruit when I feel like crap about myself because I feel like I can eat myself to oblivion with apples and totally not even feel guilty because they're apples.  That, and having a job where it never fails that as soon as you sit down to eat, your appointment shows up really helps things too.

Thanks ladies!  I'm super pumped about the date.  And I can't wait to write all about it.  It's a complete surprise (he's picking me up Saturday at 7), so I'm interested to see where we go.  It's going to take everything I have not to take my camera and take pictures of my dinner.  :)
    I french with my man
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yay to all of it! I'm glad everything seems to be heading in the direction you want it to. I love your hair in the darker shade, I can't wait for the pics of the more vibrant colour and new cut! Congrats on the weight loss, that's great progress! Also, those shoes are awesome!

(wow, that was a lot of exclamation points... but I'm excited for you!)
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOOOO! YAY for dates and new hair! I can't wait to see the new cut! There is nothing like new hair and lingerie to start a new you.  Also, congrats on the weight loss!
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    WHooot!  You look HOT!  I'm so proud of you :)  Can't wait to hear about the date!  Weekend!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    snorwo3snorwo3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-life-update-part-2-good-news-sub-part?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:de931103-f015-4044-b3c2-c4ccb78fdc2bPost:94649bce-81af-4398-b49a-1e87eb78e3c1">Re: AW: Life Update Part 2: The Good News (Sub-Part A)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yaga - I think the reason I've been able to move back into life so quickly is that I've been sub-consciously preparing myself for this for months.  After our breakup/thing in May, things never quite got back to where they were.  And to be perfectly honest, I'm glad.  I don't want to dwell on the negatives anymore.  And there were a LOT.  It dragged me way far down emotionally for a long time.  And now, it feels like a huge weight is gone and it's so easy to just be happy again.  It's so easy to just be me. [/QUOTE]

<div>Understandable :) I don't know you, but I am glad to see such a strong person dealing with a breakup. I've always been the "breaker-upper" in past relationships and I felt like a b!tch because it was so easy for me to do, but like you said, it's easy because it was over before it was over (if that makes sense). When you know it isn't going to work out but you've been together a very long time, you can't just randomly end it and walk away. It sometimes takes months of preparation and making sure it's the right decision.</div><div>
    </div><div>Your life seems to be full of happiness now and I think that's wonderful. A lot of people would not bounce back so beautifully.. some would even have gone through with the wedding out of fear.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the hair pretty lady!  Post pictures after you get it cut too.  This post made me smile, I'm glad things are going well in your life right now!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! I'm so happy for you on every front. I want to know more about the date! I'm glad you're feeling good. You're an amazing woman who deserves amazing things.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear thingd are looking up.  Can't wait to hear about the date!! So happy for you!

Anniversary

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Oww Oww!!!! I love the darker hair!!!!  

I'm so so happy for you Peek!!!!

• Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Peek,
    I can't tell you how happy I am for you, or how proud I am of you for being the completely kick-a$$, fantastically awesomelly amazingly bada$$ individual I think you are. :)

Also, YAY! For shopping, new hair, date and ROCK THE HE!! on lady for your weight loss!! :)
    *hugs*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So happy for you Peek! A date, a new hair cut/color, and weightloss. What more could a girl ask for???
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know that I have enough "secrets" to write a complete break up guide, but perhaps I'll work on an epic blog post for you guys about it?  Would that suffice?
    I french with my man
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    There are so many awesome things in this post that I don't know where to start. I LOVE the hair color... can't wait to see it in person (YAY!)

Awesome on the weight loss, especially that it isn't some crazy diet you are on, but smart lifestyle choices that you've been making.

Yay for sexy lingerie... I need to update that part of my wardrobe a bit :)

Those shoes are awesome. I want new shoes.

Ok, have to go to work, but I am so very happy for all the exciting changes you have going on right now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You looks great! Love the hair and congrats on the weight loss! The shoes are awesome too.

The only long-term relationship I was in was emotionally draining too. We did the whole break-up/get back together thing. And I felt like you - just ready to be happy and move on from the negativity. I guess you could say my first "date" with my H was three days after I broke up with that guy. Just sayin' ;)

Anyway, I'm really happy for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love the hair! You look adorbs :) And those new duds sounds really snazzy :) Are you wearing the shirt and shoes on your date???

Also - please tell us more about this date! Where'd you meet him, is he cuuuuute??? Details please!

I'm glad you are handling the breakup so well, you strong woman you! I hope that it continues to get better and you continue feeling great! It's awesome that you feel more yourself now :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    your new hair is so pretty!  I just love rich brown tones. 

so what's sub-Part B??  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-life-update-part-2-good-news-sub-part?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:de931103-f015-4044-b3c2-c4ccb78fdc2bPost:8ad97510-aab9-46f4-8a7e-24e4958a0553">Re: AW: Life Update Part 2: The Good News (Sub-Part A)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the hair! You look adorbs :) And those new duds sounds really snazzy :) Are you wearing the shirt and shoes on your date??? <strong>Also - please tell us more about this date! Where'd you meet him, is he cuuuuute???</strong> Details please! I'm glad you are handling the breakup so well, you strong woman you! I hope that it continues to get better and you continue feeling great! It's awesome that you feel more yourself now :)
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

Second this!
    Also, congrats on everything else! The hair looks fabulous and the weight loss is just a great accomplishment. Bravo!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there hot mama, check you out!!! You look awesome! I'm so happy/ proud/ in awe of how you have taken your life back. I know that great things are going to come your way.

I love the hair, love the glasses, love the shoes. Love that you bought a sexy bra just for you. The last time I was between BF (a long time ago) my BFF took me shopping and VS and 'made' me buy a whole new underwear wardrobe and a few matching bras, just for me. I asked her why I should bother, no one was going to see them, she said, "If you buy them, he will come." 48 hours latter I was on my first date with my BF. So who knows...never underestimate the power of sexy undergarments!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look amazing , sexy and confident ! When i seperated from my boyfriend of 5 years back in 2007 - I pretty much did what you are now , and while some people questioned it out of concern , I knew I was doing what was best for myself. That weight lifted off your shoulders , I get that feeling and I'm happy to hear you are not fearful of the future but embracing it ! We want details of course haha , but most of all I'm glad to hear you are doing well :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You're so hot.

And this was all wonderful and all, but it's not what I was hoping to read.  I want the official moving-to-Fl post.
  • Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Elle...Can I move back to FL toooooooo?? God I miss that place!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards