Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ribbon wands

Hey all!

I was hoping to have guests wave ribbon wands after the ceremony because the venue will charge a fee if we "throw" anything (confetti etc..) I am not sure where I could purchase these? Is it a better idea that I make them myself?

I am located in Toronto, Ontario Canada - if anyone has any suggestions as to where I can buy these or the best way to create my own I would appreciate it!

Smile

Re: Ribbon wands

• You can order really cute personalized ones on Etsy.  But, I made mine.  I got dowel rods from Walmart (or any craft/hardware store).  They are 12 inches long and then I also got 1/2 inch ribbons and put two or three different colors on it.  I also strung it through a small bell that I found at Hobby Lobby and tied it around the dowel rod with a small dot of hot glue to make sure the knot stays!  They look great and were very inexpensive and easy to make!
  • I also suggest DIY or etsy. If you DIY just go on the DIY board asking how to make them. I like the ribbon wands!
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • edited February 2012
    Thanks very much ladies. I do like the idea of DIY - they sound easy enough to make which is great. I will look into ETSY.

I appreciate the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards