Not Engaged Yet
Options

What are you wearing?

So are you dressing up for Christmas this year? Maybe a Christmas dinner party?

Re: What are you wearing?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Every year Christmas with my family seems to get more and more casual. I kind of miss the days when I got all fancied up, if I did it now I'd feel really out of place. So jeans and a sweater it is...
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just jeans and a decent shirt for christmas this year. no one seems to dress up anymore, which is fine with me. i'd rather be comfy than miserable in dressy clothes.

i dressed up for my work christmas party last weekend. i wore this great black and white dress with a big belt, black opague tights and heels. it looked really good [at least, i thought].
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Christmas is pretty casual for us. I try to dress up a little bit by wearing a nice sweater with my darker washed jeans but thats about it.

I dressed up for my BF's work Christmas party and wore a three-quarter sleeved, v-neck grey jersey dress with a white cami underneath, nylons and matching grey knee-high boots. It turns out that was even over dressed for the party though. I didn't believe my BF when he said people were going to show up in jeans and a sweatshirt but sure enough several of them did. Oh well...better overdressed than underdressed I suppose
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fam doesn't do the dress up thing at Christmas much anymore.  They're all about the jeans and a nice shirt.  I'm okay with it tho! I <3 my jeans!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    mrosenbmrosenb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember having to wear dresses for every holiday when I was younger, however, that changed when I became a teenager. My mom gave up the fight of dressing up and I wore what I wanted, which was jeans. I think it is a mother's wish that her children be dressed up for holidays. Because my brother's girlfriend will dress my nieces in dresses. Because I hate dressing up for anything other than interviews, I will be wearing a nice sweater and jeans.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards