Not Engaged Yet
Options

I'm Baaaack! AW with PIP

Hey girls!  I'm back from Maine!

FI and I had an AWESOME trip.  We went up to the venue.  It's GORGEOUS...completely and totally perfect.  They let us stay on the property, overnight, for FREE.  We had sexy time.  It was nice.

Then we met up with our caterer for dinner and drinks.  We discussed our food budget and we came up with some potential menus.  She's also letting us handle our own bar & bring out own liquor...which will save us THOUSANDS!

So, FI and I are going to crunch some numbers tonight...but we're 99.99999% sure this is THE place.  I'm probably going to email the property manager and have him draft a contract and send in a deposit within the next 48 hours.

And then, on our way back, FI and I hit the Kittery Outlets.  And I got cute clothes on sale at Banana Republic.

What's been new around these parts???

Here are the pics!

This is the bedroom in our cabin for the weekend of the wedding!

The living room in the couple's cabin:

The lobby/entrance of the venue:

The dance floor:

Me on the left wing of the porch of the venue:

The covered (optional) porch of the venue.  I love the ceiling lights!

The view from the porch...also known as "the money shot":

View of the venue from the grass:

I'll walk down the stone steps and onto my grass aisle!

Re: I'm Baaaack! AW with PIP

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

What's on the menu, hm?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-baaaack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e5879090-68cf-40dc-8874-415f568bb64bPost:632b62b5-91e1-4d36-b4e5-a555670c7f05">Re: I'm Baaaack!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's on the menu, hm?
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

<div>Butler passed and stationary hors d'oerves, which include mini lobster rolls!  All of the food will be locally grown, sustainable, and organic...because I'm granola like that.</div><div>
    </div><div>There will be a regular salad and a caprese salad, using several different colors of tomatoes.  The main course will be an option of haddock, pork loin with apple chutney, or squash (or mushroom, we're not sure) ravioli.</div><div>
    </div><div>There will also be veggie sides and a starch, probably mashed potatoes.</div><div>
    </div><div>And lots of bread...and coffee/tea with dessert.</div><div>
    </div><div>And we're not sure about the cake yet, except that it will be buttercream.  :)</div>
  • Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's quite the table!  I love that you're going all granola, very neat!  I'm glad it's looking pretty positive for your venue!

...and let me have some of your buttercream cake.  Especially if it's chocolate.
  • Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful! What part of Maine? (you can give me a general area...but I promise I won't crash your wedding). I grew up spending summers in the Camden/Lincolnville area, and I still have lots of family up there. I LOVE Maine. I've actually been to a bunch of cousins weddings up there, and they were all amazing.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous and SO perfect!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow the place is gorgeous.  The menu sounds great!  It will be gorgeous!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-baaaack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e5879090-68cf-40dc-8874-415f568bb64bPost:26814e11-ffd5-469f-bb5a-0d9e5cb35575">Re: I'm Baaaack! AW with PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beautiful! What part of Maine? (you can give me a general area...but I promise I won't crash your wedding). I grew up spending summers in the Camden/Lincolnville area, and I still have lots of family up there. I LOVE Maine. I've actually been to a bunch of cousins weddings up there, and they were all amazing.
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That's insane...this place is in Lincolnville.  Squeee!</div>
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it!!!!  We actually talked about Maine - my BFF offered up her family's property for us on the beach up there.  

And...om nom nom nom.  Your menu sounds delicious!!!!!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    edited December 2011
    ZOMG Shoes. I am sooooo crashing your wedding. Those pics are beautiful, and the food sounds fantastic. I'm so happy to see you two moving forward with your plans all happy and excited! Yay!
  • Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-baaaack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e5879090-68cf-40dc-8874-415f568bb64bPost:c47dd7c7-1360-43d1-8258-7d8ec925526c">Re: I'm Baaaack! AW with PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm Baaaack! AW with PIP : That's insane...this place is in Lincolnville.  Squeee!
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

Well then, I might have to crash your wedding. Seriously though, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the area, but I can give you some info for good places to eat/drink/stay if you want. Man, it's making me really want to go there RIGHT NOW.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-baaaack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e5879090-68cf-40dc-8874-415f568bb64bPost:e79c1cfb-6361-433c-a293-960527ff28ae">Re: I'm Baaaack! AW with PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm Baaaack! AW with PIP : Well then, I might have to crash your wedding. Seriously though, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the area, but I can give you some info for good places to eat/drink/stay if you want. Man, it's making me really want to go there RIGHT NOW.

<div>Ummm...any info you have on that area would be SUPER helpful!</div><div>
    </div><div>Oh, and you rock.</div>
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    *jumps up and down in glee*

I LOVE IT!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting ready to turn in for the night, and I also will probably have to ask my Dad for the names of some place that I just know as "the cute little place on the corner", but I will send you a PM/page you soon!

Off the top of my head (and most of these places are in Camden):
    -The Smiling Cow is a must see, super cute souvenier shop right on the Camden harbor
    -Mariner's is a little restaurant with awesome seafood. Two of my cousins also just opened a restaurant in Camden, but I'm horrible, and I don't remember the name.
    -the library is really old and very cool
    -there are a couple hotels and B&Bs right on the waterfront in Camden that I know my cousins used for their weddings that would be close enough to Lincolinville-I'll find out the names
    -Lincolinville Beach is really cool, it's actually got something at least resembling sand, instead of just rocks, and the water is more shallow, so it's not AS cold. There is a lobster pound there right by where the ferry docks that has great fried clams. If you have an extra day, the ferry takes you to a little island called Isleboro, which is actually where my family stayed when I was growing up. It has a lighthouse and a super cute little village.
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    SO pretty!  I'm so jealous of you right now.
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-baaaack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e5879090-68cf-40dc-8874-415f568bb64bPost:75e534aa-ecfe-4054-b501-cdfafa84d171">Re: I'm Baaaack! AW with PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]SO pretty!  I'm so jealous of you right now.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I love it Shoes!  It looks so awesome.  You are going to be a beautiful bride :)  With a yummy menu! ;)

When I typed beautiful bride I thought of a Bugs Life where the caterpillar goes "Some day I will be a beauuuutiful butterfly."  I lol in my head.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    wow that is a gorgeous venue!!
    5/27/12
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    edited December 2011
    What a beautiful venue!!!
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your venue looks AWESOME! And the menu sounds yum yums!
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Glad you had a good trip! Everything seems to be coming together nicely. Love the venue!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so giddy for you Shoes! Beautiful venue, yummy menu...sounds like a real winner. Can't wait to see what other details you have in store for your big day!!
  • Options
    lmwilberlmwilber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!!! It looks AWESOME!!!! Such a cute place, the menu sounds fab, and the fact that they are letting you BYOB!?!?!? How perfect is that? I'm so happy for you and the future Mr. Shoes! Your wedding is going to rock :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-baaaack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e5879090-68cf-40dc-8874-415f568bb64bPost:0ae27750-de97-4f8a-ac33-550cbd5671c9">Re: I'm Baaaack! AW with PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting ready to turn in for the night, and I also will probably have to ask my Dad for the names of some place that I just know as "the cute little place on the corner", but I will send you a PM/page you soon! Off the top of my head (and most of these places are in Camden): -The Smiling Cow is a must see, super cute souvenier shop right on the Camden harbor -Mariner's is a little restaurant with awesome seafood. Two of my cousins also just opened a restaurant in Camden, but I'm horrible, and I don't remember the name. -the library is really old and very cool -there are a couple hotels and B&Bs right on the waterfront in Camden that I know my cousins used for their weddings that would be close enough to Lincolinville-I'll find out the names -Lincolinville Beach is really cool, it's actually got something at least resembling sand, instead of just rocks, and the water is more shallow, so it's not AS cold. There is a lobster pound there right by where the ferry docks that has great fried clams. If you have an extra day, the ferry takes you to a little island called Isleboro, which is actually where my family stayed when I was growing up. It has a lighthouse and a super cute little village.

AHHH my family goes on vacation to Owl's Head/Rockland every summer!!

I LOVE MAINE! And all of these places are awesome :)

Shoes - GORGEOUS venue! The food sounds fantastic!
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Loving the "money shot" what an awesome venue.
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    Yum....caprese salad. Genius.

What are your colors? Do you have any ideas on how will you be deocrating the tent? Or am I getting ahead of myself? I'm super excited for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our colors are Royal Blue and light pink.  We're not sure about decorating the tent yet.
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Niiiiiiiiiiice!!

And OMG I LOVE KITTERY!! <3

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards