April 2012 Weddings

Checks! And UGH!

So we found out that in order for us to serve alcohol at the venue of our choice we would have to get a permit from the county. Looking into it, it would double the budget we had set aside for our venue. So yeah, no go there. Off to plan B: Backyard ceremony (no permit needed on your own property)! Woo whoo! NOT. The only reason I didn't want to do it at our home is because I didn't want to have to clean the place prior to the event. Looks like we'll have no choice now. Which is fine, I still get my pretty tent with purple draping so it's all good! Have to figure out where it will fit. We own the property next door as well (empty lot) but it's on a hill so we'll probably do the ceremony next door and the reception in the back yard.

Also went to the dollar tree today and got candles and glass vases for our center pieces. Still trying to decide if I want to do fresh flowers or make these cool puff ball tissue flowers I saw on youtube. Also got our invitations!

I also found a way to make DH happy regarding the whole Las Vegas thing. With the money we'll save from staying at home, we're taking a second honeymoon the weekend after!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards