Not Engaged Yet
Options

Step away from the pumpkin seeds!

I just candied some peeled pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on the pumpkin-banana bread (<-- clicky) that I'm going to make after dinner. I can't stop eating them! They're not even cooled yet, and I keep wandering over to the counter to nibble.

Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: Step away from the pumpkin seeds!

• Options
    anythinggoldanythinggold member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh they would not last around me! I had a chocolate bundt cake with pumpkin seeds today, and they were heavenly. I am so excited that it's Fall! 

I demand a recipe for that pumpkin-banana bread! 
    *** LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I made it a clicky :) I haven't tried it, but it's from Skinny Taste, and everyone always seems to recommend her recipes. I'll post a pic and comment after I make it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, YUMMY!!! I want some!!

since I'm lazy and don't want to click the clicky Tongue out, can you tell me if the recipe to candy the pumpkin seeds is in the clicky or do you have a recipe you use?
  • Options
    anythinggoldanythinggold member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!! I can't believe I passed the pumpkin patch and didn't pick up any pie pumpkins today! 
    *** LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    edited December 2011
    I used my recipe that I use when candying almonds. Put the seeds in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat with a few tablespoons of white sugar, and a little bit of water. Stir constantly until the sugar coats the seeds.

It's not an exact science, and there's probably a better way to do it. I've found it just takes a little practice.
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did it come out? Did you used already peeled seeds out of a container? :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love love love pumpkin seeds. We buy a few pumpkins throughout the season just so I can make some lol.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    edited December 2011
    I didn't end up baking yet, but I put the seeds away so I'd at least stop eating them. I used already peeled seeds from the bulk section in the grocery store. It was a bit of an experiment, but they're pretty tasty. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love pumpkin seeds, 
    the recipe sounds so good!!

Anniversary

• Options
    lkp797lkp797 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds so yummy!  I want to make some pumpkin soup and make soup bowls out of small pumpkins sometime this Fall.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I want pumpkin seeds!!!!!!!!!!!!  Mmm fresh out of the pumpkin then baked with lots of salt -- SO GOOD!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards