Not Engaged Yet
Options

What I've learned from TK

I was trying to tell Mr.Owl how much I've learned about etiquette and wedding planning from the knot. he knows i love to hang out here and i read him the funny ones from BSC ladies. Anyway, he said 'like what?' So I named off a few...

1. don't throw your own e-party
2. don't choose your bridal party until 6-9 months before
3. write tiny numbers on the back of your response cards in case people don't write their names
4. you get one day. don't be a jerkface if someone else gets married, engaged, has a baby, whatever near your wedding.
5. i'm not the only person in the world who thinks the garter toss is icky
etc., etc.

What have you learned from your time on TK?

Re: What I've learned from TK

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ps...this is a P&R. i'm going to get a haircut. be back later.
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm lame. I haven't really ventured off NEY yet...since...well- I'm not engaged. So far I've learned....Don't go BSC- it scares the boyfriend.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I've learned not to plan anything. No, nothing! Not a dress, not a venue, not a color scheme, not a WP, until that ring is on my hand.

And I've learned that even though sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world going through something, there's a pretty good chance someone else on TK is going through it as well.

I've learned to close TK if there is ANY chance my BF may be using my laptop again before I do.

Finally, I've learned that whenver I need a laugh, this is the place to come.... someone on here always cheers me up!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've learned that there have to pictures.  Of everything.  Or it doesn't exist.  Thanks Paige.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-learned-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ebf7dd12-6ab4-47d6-8a39-0dc1cc944bfbPost:3299ccdd-618a-4d53-99a3-651df058e2c7">Re: What I've learned from TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've learned not to plan anything. No, nothing! Not a dress, not a venue, not a color scheme, not a WP, until that ring is on my hand. <strong>And I've learned that even though sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world going through something, there's a pretty good chance someone else on TK is going through it as well.</strong> I've learned to close TK if there is ANY chance my BF may be using my laptop again before I do. Finally, I've learned that whenver I need a laugh, this is the place to come.... someone on here always cheers me up!
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

this!
    5/27/12
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Weddings bring out people's true colors.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've learnt that I'm not as 'mental' as I thought I was and other people have felt like I do sometimes too.

And not to look at anything except NEY as i may make me go BSC!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've learned about the lives of some really great girls from all over.  Nothing wedding related.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    these are great. keep them coming!
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    How crazy women are. 
    How much I love the NEY girls. 
    So much wedding etiquette that I didn’t know existed.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-learned-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ebf7dd12-6ab4-47d6-8a39-0dc1cc944bfbPost:062b48b0-ef3e-433a-9948-70d66ede984f">Re: What I've learned from TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've learned that there have to pictures.  Of everything.  Or it doesn't exist.  Thanks Paige.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh yes, and this. If pictures don't exist, then it never actually happened.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-learned-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ebf7dd12-6ab4-47d6-8a39-0dc1cc944bfbPost:062b48b0-ef3e-433a-9948-70d66ede984f">Re: What I've learned from TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've learned that there have to pictures.  Of everything.  Or it doesn't exist.  Thanks Paige.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I'm glad everyone is catching on to this;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards