Not Engaged Yet

TGIF!

Finally Friday! Whoo hoo! Anyone have fun plans? Any WR fun this weekend - venue visits, dress shopping, whatever?

Have a great day!

Re: TGIF!

• edited December 2011
    Wedding shopping for WP gifts, favors, relax with FI (bc its been a busy week), pick up FI's wedding band, hang at pool with a drink in hand.
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hoorah! TGIF!

Not to be Debbie Downer, but I feel like crap. The operated area is killing me and my pain meds are making me want to hurl. Wah.

On the bright side, I have my shower this weekend.

Also, last night I made tons of these for our photo station!!

http://gotyourzygote.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/bridalinqquirermustaches1.jpg

http://blog.helloself.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/fake-mouths-on-a-stick.jpg
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm graduating college! I think that constitutes fun, even though a huge chunk of the extended family is here and I am the er, dark grey sheep? Not quite a black sheep, but I am the very very different one. I spent too much time science nerd-ing in the lab and not enough running around wearing miscellaneous Greek letters across my chest. Made both of my grandmas upset with me.

Not hating on the Greek system, for those who were in it. All the ladies were incredibly nice and welcoming during rush. It just wasn't for me.

I did go dress shopping yesterday though:

I was originally going to be sort of a HA person and wear just a tank top and shorts under my gown for graduation, but I saw this at Target and my roommate and I decided it was perfect for me.
  • edited December 2011

Kat- Those look like so much fun!! (Putting in "storage" for my wedding)
    The girl in the photos hair is pretty cool looking also. Could I pull it off? No. Would I love to? You know it!

imageimageimageimage
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Kat-- I'm just going to start mailing you stuff to do for me. It'll keep you busy once you are hitched. I'm serious.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was ridiculously easy. I just pulled a bunch of clip art from the web, made them a bunch of different colors and printed them out. Then I cut them out and glued them to shishkabob sticks.

I think I did the whole thing in an hour.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kat those are so cute!!

Zane that dress is cute too! Congrats on your upcoming graduation, darling!

BF and I are headed out of town this weekend.  We're heading to visit his Mom and Dad for a bit this evening.  See his sis (AND OMG baby in her belly! lol) and then to my family's cottage.  SPend the night there then off to our romantic weekend getaway in Digby.  We're technically celebrating our 4 year anniversary...even tho it's not til next month.  hehe

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paige, I hope you two have a great time on your vacation! I can't wait to hear all about it. It sounds like it will be a lovely trip.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Kat! I've got my camera packed so I'm sure I'll AW with lots of pics when I get back.  o0 We're also going to visit the small (like less than 200 people) town my grandfather was born in! That should be neat:)

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Fun weekends ahead! Kat, sorry you are feeling crappy. :( Maybe you'll be drugged for your shower. It could be more interesting that way! :)  And I bet there's CAKE! That'll make you feel better for sure. On your DIY stuff, it's not necessarily the time involved, it's that you think about doing it in the first place and then all your projects turn out so great! Nice work.

CONGRATS ZANE!!!!!! You're at VT, right? I wasn't in the Greek thing either. I wasn't much of a joined in college in general. Just wanted to get in, get out.
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah Kat, cake makes everything better. Mmmmmm.... cake!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Very cute Kat (like they would be anything but cute!)

Congrats Zane!!!

My weekend consists of: leaving work and going to a baby shower for a coworker then coming back to work for the staff vs student basket ball game. Tomorrow I'm coloring my mom's hair and we're hosting a poker game for FI's friends (I'll clean the house then leave!). Sunday is my cousin's FI's bridal shower (yup the crazy one). Oh, I did get invited to the wedding to those of you who are living the drama with me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Tomorrow is a HUGE day here... my church is doing a ginormous day of service call GO Cincinnati.  There will be 5,400 volunteers doing 236 seperate service projects tomorrow followed by a huge party with residents of downtown.  It's going to be awesome and I'm a team captain of a project that is doing a Kids Carnival at one of the inner city schools! :)

Also, my cousin is up from New Orleans this weekend and we haven't seen him since before Christmas!  We delayed celebrating Mother's Day a week so that we can celebrate it with the whole family.  Should be a good weekend! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and Kat your DIY stuff is great and makes it look sooooo easy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    omg cake! Kat cake will make everything better;)

I hope your bumm is healed soon!

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Hetshup - monkey bread makes everything better ;-)

Kat - Save all your wedding stuff I'm just going to drive up and steal it when you're done with it.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've been at my school for 4 years and just found out two weeks ago they have a KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hutt/Wing Street/McDonalds in the student center, thats how involved I am at school.
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I'm leaving in just a few hours to go to Augusta and be the Maid of Honor in my best friend's wedding!  This weekend is all about her, but as soon as we get back to town on Sunday, I'm working on wedding invitations.  Goal is to finish all 150 of them and send them out next week.  The pocketfolds are done as of last night, now it's just a lot of embossing and putting it all together; FI even offered to help stuff envelopes and assemble them.  I asked why he didn't offer to help before, and his response?  "I didn't want you to yell at me if I screwed something up, because you're such a perfectionist...I figured you wanted to make them all yourself so you'd know they were right."  He knows me so well.  <3

Oh, and it's FI's birthday today.  He's the big 2-8!  My best friend called and asked what kind of cake he likes; they're going to do something for him tonight at their rehearsal dinner.  How *sweet* is that?!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Wow Acro! Great friends! :) Happy b-day to FI and enjoy your MOH weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards