Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Need help to extend ceremony

our ceremony is nondenominational and on a green at a country club. We would like it to last more than 10 minutes. Need any ideas besides readings to extend it. Ant traditions would be delightful similar to csndle lighting

Re: Need help to extend ceremony

• I read about a bride and groom who asked their guests to stand up and tell stories about the couple during the ceremony, it sounded like a very touching way to include your guests in your ceremony! You could try and incorporate both your parents in some way to symbolize the blending of your families! You could even switch things up and immediately have your first dance right after you are pronounced man and wife! Personally I'm a fan of short cermonies, ours will only last about 15 minutes, but it will be personalized to us as a couple and I think above all that's what your guests are looking for!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Other than singing, I can't see adding anything else. As a guest, I prefer short and sweet as opposed to a ceremony that drags on and on with a bunch of filler. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Unless there is religious or cultural significance to something in a wedding it's just filler. Skip it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ours is going to be short and sweet as well. I'm not a fan of "filler" unless it has personal meaning to the couple.
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've been to several weddings that had a song significant to the couple played during the ceremony, most commonly during the unity tradition or while they presented a rose to each of their mothers. If you choose to add a unity element such as the candle lighting, other alternatives could be sand, wine, tree planting, creating a painting, etc. -- it all depends on what speaks to you as a couple. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards