Not Engaged Yet
Options

The season..

to get engaged!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!*(*&(#(&R(*&(*&

Last night he proposed! 
I had been begging him for a kitten for Christmas, he told me there was no way, he doesn't like them, and to get another idea because this one wasn't going to happen.
So I get home last night and there was a sign on my kitchen door to knock three times and wait. So I did. He opened it with a 3 month old cutie! 
I knew that I wanted to name him Cleaver if I did get one.....
So he asked to check the name tag to make sure that he got it right, and it said "Will you marry me?" instead. After some sweet words and crying, 
We're ENGAGED CoolLaughingSmileTongue out

imageimageAnniversary

Re: The season..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on the engagement and on kitty-mommyhood! They're really a joy!

If you have any questions about wedding planning or becoming kitty support staff, let me know. Cool

Word to the wise-- buy a squirt gun! It works wonders for when they take too much interest in scratching the couch. Also, buy a scratching post!

And have fun with the wedding planning. It goes by so fast! The first few weeks can be a doozy, but it's awesome.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mrs.rabmrs.rab member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you jeanacorina!
    I have NEVER had a kitten before, neither has FI  (AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!)
    But he the the sweetest baby EVER! We got him from a shelter, and they did declaw and spay him, so that is a good thing.
    But he has been play bitting, I read on a site to lightly blow in his face and say no when he does that?

Thank you againLaughing
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, don't tell your new FI I told you this, but the best solution for a play-agressive kitten is another cat. Tongue out

However, just find something that he doesn't like that also doesn't hurt him. Blowing in his face is fine, so is making a hissing noise at him (that works for my cats when they're getting into stuff), or a squirt gun. All those things will annoy him without hurting him. Cats are a little more fragile than dogs, so never use physical punishment. Besides, they don't respond well to it anyway.

Just remember, cats think everything is for them. The whole world exists for him to play with and explore and eat. If you begin right away with teaching him what he can and can't do gently but firmly, things will go a lot smoother. Don't forget to reward him when he's a good boy with TONS of cuddles and a treat now and then.

Also-- he can fit in places you never imagined, so try your best to kitten-proof EVERYTHING. Mine especially like to explore cabinets (so get chemicals waaaaaay out of reach or get toddler locks!), closets, and behind the entertainment center (so make sure all of your cords are tied up securely!).

It's almost like having a new baby.... but one that's already toddling around and getting into everything. Wink
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that if you have an indoor cat, you should have two. This way they don't get lonely and are more active playing.  

A spray bottle with water helps break bad habits for cats.
    Play bitting is something kittens usually grow out of.

I am so happy to hear you got him from a shelter. :)

Sounds like the sweetest engagment ever. Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh oh oh, and never never let him outside since he is declawed! Declawed cats have no defense and no way to climb trees to get out of harm's way, so keep your baby boy safe and sound inside.

And leave the curtains open so he can watch the birds. Mine love to do that. :)

Wow, we're talking more about the kitty than your engagement! lol

Have you told everyone yet or are you guys keeping it quiet for a few days?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! That is quite possibly the cutest story ever. Enjoy this time with kitty and FI. 

oh and usually I snap at or clap loudly when they are bad. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mrs.rabmrs.rab member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the advice, I really do appreciate it! 
    I can't believe how sweet he is....such a cuddler and purrs all of the time! I am really happy with how fast he adjusted to being here. We are letting him sleep in our room at night, and he does have a kennel to go in (we are using it for about a week) until he can be out on his own when we are gone. And he still is not using his real litter box, he is using a blue pan thing with oatmeal for litter. 

We are going to set a budget and then set a date, but are thinking either April of 2011 or July of 2011. I was trying to figure out what kind of person I am when it comes to wedding seasons, and I am so summer. But we'll see :))

We did call the families the same night, and it is surprising how fast the word can spread!
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awwww....congrats! that's so cute! you got a new addition to your family and something sparkly!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Your new baby is adorable!!! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards