Not Engaged Yet
Options

Trying to get the lingo down.

Hello everyone! I'm new to the board, and I'm getting a little thrown off by the lingo/acronyms. I've looked around for a guide of sorts to find out what they mean, but I haven't found any posts. If I could get a brief explanation of the more popular ones on this board, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Trying to get the lingo down.

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Hi there & welcome to NEY!!

Here are 2 links to a bunch of acronyms we use:

Also, since you're new, please take a minute and read the sticky for this board. It contains tons of important information: 

• Options
    nyc1210nyc1210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, Jaycee! I tried using that, but I think I was being too specific.

Thank you, rdr! I read the sticky for the board before I posted. (:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Weird. I always thought XP was "extra post"..guess it works either way though.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_trying-lingo-down?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3c96fed-31ec-463b-953c-99a16098290bPost:26f05561-09d8-4559-aea8-8e82402fbf3e">Re: Trying to get the lingo down.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you, Jaycee! I tried using that, but I think I was being too specific. Thank you, rdr! <strong>I read the sticky for the board before I posted</strong>. (:
    Posted by nyc1210[/QUOTE]

<div>Great!! </div><div>
    </div><div>Now tell us about yourself!  </div><div>
    </div><div>How old are you? </div><div>How long have you been with your BF? </div><div>I see your name is NYC but you're from Atlanta, what's that about?</div>

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_trying-lingo-down?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3c96fed-31ec-463b-953c-99a16098290bPost:ee68207e-26dc-4a4c-92bf-cda4c41fb9e3">Re: Trying to get the lingo down.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Weird. I always thought XP was "extra post"..guess it works either way though.
    Posted by jaycee7389[/QUOTE]

<div>I always thought KWIM meant 'keeping up with me?' -- which makes no sense AT ALL and yet still sort of works? LOL</div>

• Options
    Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    What do you do (occupation)
    Any furbabies?
    Any real babies?

• Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    How do you feel about potatoes? Cheese? Wine? Sushi? Aaaaaaand
    Most Important of all...Harry Potter
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the Knot! :)
  • Options
    stacybeanstacybean member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I know what you mean about the acronyms, I also recently joined and find myself googling frequently but hopefully this post will help!
    Sent from my iPad - any unusual words or misspellings are due to an autocorrect incident that I may have missed.
  • Options
    nyc1210nyc1210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm 22. Our one year anniversary is this Saturday. We're celebrating by going to see The Muppets! My name is Nychole, so I shortened it to Nyc. (:

I'm in cosmetology school. I don't have any babies or furbabies. We're thinking about getting a dog soon, but we haven't found any that we feel like would suit our personalities.

I love potatos, mostly fries. I LOVE cheese. I have never had wine. I like sushi, but I'm pretty new to it. I've only tried a couple. I'm an obsessed fan of Harry Potter. I've read all the books multiple times. I watch the movies. I even played on the official Harry Potter site for years. Haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_trying-lingo-down?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3c96fed-31ec-463b-953c-99a16098290bPost:a321377f-431a-436e-9962-d9f07ca6df67">Re: Trying to get the lingo down.</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm an obsessed fan of Harry Potter. I've read all the books multiple times. I watch the movies. I even played on the official Harry Potter site for years. Haha.
    Posted by nyc1210[/QUOTE]
    Aw, yes. Welcome aboard.
  • Options
    beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_trying-lingo-down?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3c96fed-31ec-463b-953c-99a16098290bPost:a321377f-431a-436e-9962-d9f07ca6df67">Re: Trying to get the lingo down.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm an obsessed fan of Harry Potter. 
    Posted by nyc1210[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>My kinda girl! Welcome!</div><div>
    </div><div>How do you feel about red Solo cups?

</div>
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and thanks for being the one to ask about the acronyms. There was 1 I couldn't figure out for the life of me, but I was too much of a chicken turd to ask Hahaha
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards