Not Engaged Yet
Options

Laundry Room Re-Do

SQUEE!!! Lunar is coming to visit Saturday and help me with a Laundry Room overhaul!

ok - so along with my "spring cleaning" post...i've decided my lundry room needs a makeover. I never spent any time worrying about it, but I need a project and that room is just plain gross. I'm thinking of re-painting it. Would you ladies like to help me pick some colors? Here are the colors currently in my house:

Master Bedroom:

Kitchen:

Main color - Living room, Dining Room, Hallways:

Guest Bathroom:

Master Bathroom:

I'd like something fairly neutral and then possibly add in some color with canvas bins or Wallpaper behind the shelves for some pattern. It is a small room with no windows, to the colors need to be light and not make the room feel like a cave. I'm going for this kind of look:
Laundry Room eclectic laundry room

Ideas on colors? Ideas on where to shop for small wire shelves/baskets/etc.? Ideas in general?

Re: Laundry Room Re-Do

• Options
    I like the light green in the second picture you posted and I think it goes with the other colors in your house.

• Options
    I want my laundry room to look like this <-- click. My house is full of bright colours so it would match nicely with what I have. I don't think you have it where you are, but I love to buy baskets and little shelf type things at Bouclair, I've had good luck there and actually plan to go later this afternoon to buy things for my bathroom.
  • Options
    That is beautiful Nurse! I don't have a big enough space for a chandelier, but I do love that look!

Beth...I hadn't even really looked at the colors of my pics, I just liked the look of the open shelves. I agree...that green is pretty. Maybe I'll go that direction...
  • Options
    I agree about that green.

Ikea tends to have all kinds of storage solutions. 

I want a new laundry room, but I don't see it happening without a major basement overhaul which also won't happen. Ours is unfinished and wide open to the rest of the basement (which is sort of finished...ish).

Make sure you post pics when you're done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    I like the green and Tarra's suggestion with the yellow, but those are on the top of my list of favorite colors too, so I'm biased, lol. You'll have to be sure to take before/after pictures to show us! : )
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Do you have a window in your laundry room?

If no, something light and airy would be good.
  • Options
    I like the green. :)

Do you have a container store nearby? 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    I do have a container store.

I do not have a window...which is why I want a light color. :)

I will take before pics tonight because I always forget to do that!

I'll probably stick with green or some sort of "barely there" color because I don't actually care for yellow personally.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_laundry-room-re-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f58c7664-4bd4-4b7b-bf71-ae11f8593fb9Post:27feb30e-d4fc-47f5-aa46-6f96ac6fc56e">Re: Laundry Room Re-Do</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do have a container store. I do not have a window...which is why I want a light color. :) I will take before pics tonight because I always forget to do that! I'll probably stick with green or some sort of "barely there" color because I don't actually care for yellow personally.
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

<div>I would totally check out the container store. They have the coolest laundry room stuff. I wish I had a laundry room to outfit in containter store merchandise... </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_laundry-room-re-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f58c7664-4bd4-4b7b-bf71-ae11f8593fb9Post:23b7dac4-4dae-4baf-bd3a-3bd84cb89934">Re: Laundry Room Re-Do</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laundry Room Re-Do : I would totally check out the container store. They have the coolest laundry room stuff. I wish I had a laundry room to outfit in containter store merchandise... 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

Awesome sauce! Will do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards