Not Engaged Yet
Options

Hiya ladies! (sorry so long)

How have you all been?! I haven't been around for sometime, there's been a lot going on lately and it's crazy.  M graduated from college this past weekend as did my brother. I'm so very proud of both of them, but with the good comes a sad.

M and I have broken up. It was my choice and altough I am sad, I feel content with my choice. Lately I have been feeling like I have been trying very hard to be someone that I am not. M and I have very different views and opinions on a lot of things and while normally this wasn't a problem, we found ourselves butting heads contanstly about certain things. And they weren't just fights but all out relationship breaking fights. Although we tried compromosing it felt like both of us were so unwilling to change our opinions and views and it was causing a huge strain on our relationship because he expected me to compromise and change how I felt while unwilling to do the same and vice versa.

I decided I wanted to really focus on myself and figure out exaclty what I want to do with my life and what I want. We are both still so young and have a lot of growing up and maturing to do. It was very hard because it wasn't a mutual choice, so he is very hurt and upset. I actually found out after we broke up that he had bought an engagement ring and was planning on proposing the next time we saw each other, and of course that hurt to hear but I would rather make this decision now then agree to marry him and realize this isn't what I want when it's to late.

I don't know what will happen with us and although I hate to see him hurt I know in my heart that I made the right choice. I believe that if it's meant to be it will be. M has been a huge part of my life and it sucks losing my best friend but I had been feeling unhappy for a while.

So yeah enough about my depressing news. I just wanted to let you ladies know what is up with my life and why I haven't been around lately and that I've missed you all! I still pop in every once in a while to see what's going on but have felt weird posting without telling you all.

I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying the start of summer! It just snowed here yesterday. Happy summer to us!  haha

ETA: This is a post and run because I am spending some quality girl time with my best friend to get my mind off of things but I will be back!

Re: Hiya ladies! (sorry so long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that.  What matters most is your happiness though, and most girls wouldn't have done what you did.  You will find someone amazing, as will he. 

Still stick around though, you are an awesome person!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry honey!  If it makes a difference, I think you made the right choice.  You should never have to change who you are for someone.  And if you're having repeated "relationship-breaking" fights, that's really not good.

The "right" relationship will empower you and allow you to be yourself.  With my ex, for example, I always felt like I had to be the best version of myself.  I always felt like I had to look perfect, dress perfect, act perfect, etc., but with FI, I can be a mess.  I can not wear makeup.  I can wear sweats.  I can wear HIS sweats.  I can make mistakes.  I can gain weight.  I can lose weight.  I can be MYSELF...and FI loves me the same, no matter what.

And that's how it should be.
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Oh dear :( I'm sorry to hear that. We are all here for you, any time you feel like you need to vent or just talk. I'm sure this is hard but it's good that you are doing what is best for you! **HUGS**

• Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I also think you did the right thing. It's so much better to do this now than a few years down the road when you're married. An engagement ring doesn't make the issues you were having magically disappear. I know it must have been such a hard thing to do. It takes a lot of courage. But it sounds like you have some support there with you, and here on the board! Please keep us updated! You don't have to be in a relationship to be on the board!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m sorry you've had such a rough time. I agree that it takes a lot of courage to face the realization that just because you love someone does not mean that you can be in a successful relationship with that person. It sounds like you did what was right for you--now make sure to take care of yourself during this period too!
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Luv - Ditto what all the OP's said. You did the right thing for you, which SO MANY people don't do. Give yourself some kudos (and maybe eat a couple Kudos?). And know that we're here for you. *Hugs*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Big hug to you! I'm so proud of you for being so honest with yourself and M, and making such a mature decision.

Please stick around! You're a contributing poster and we'll miss you! But take some time off if you feel you need that as well.
  • Options
    luvdncn90luvdncn90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the support ladies! I greatly appreciate. The hardest part was knowing how badly it hurt him but I knew it was the right choice and in the end I'm glad I made the decision.
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to just agree with what everyone else has already said.

We love you and send lots of hugs your way.  And please do stick around.  I'd miss you too much if you left us <3
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry that it wasn't working out, but I think you made the right choice.  You don't want to wake up 3 years from now married and realize you married the wrong guy.  I know he is hurting but I think you did the right thing.  We are here for you! *hugs*
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Aw, Luv, I'm sorry to hear this, but I'm glad you were able to make the decision that was right for you.

We're here if you need us.  *Hugs*
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "I feel content with my choice"

Honestly, I think that's the best way you could describe something like that. If you were happy it could mean things were so bad you couldn't wait to get out. If you were upset it could mean you made the wrong decesion.
    It also really sounds like you did this for the right reason, which is for yourself.

Just stay happy and focusing on you :)
    White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards