Not Engaged Yet

Interrogation Room *MotoLyn*

No one stepped up and I need a distraction, ask away if you want....  if this thread ain't a poppin then someone else can take over and we can grill her!  Yay! 

Re: Interrogation Room *MotoLyn*

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you like BBQ food? What's your favourite? Do you do the BBQing or does Shelton?

Have you slipped up and called FI "Shelton" yet?

What's your favourite thing about surfing?

What pair of shoes do you absolutely LOVE?

Do you like getting manis or pedis? Both?

Are you ticklish?
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    What is your favorite color? And why?

Fill in the blank: MotoLyn is most likely to _________________ before the end of 2011.

What was the title of the last book you read, and enjoyed?

What should I get my bf for his birthday next month?

Can you sing at all?

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's the most embarrassing place (geographically, not anatomically) that you've bitten your FI?  Ever been caught and questioned about this strange practice?

Where are you with wedding planning?  Got anything to AW for us?

Do you believe in the death penalty?

Pro life or pro choice?

Do you believe in any religion?

Anniversary

• tmacwintmacwin member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Do you prefer the beach or mountains to vacation?

Favorite salad dressing? (if you like salad)

Did you make and decorate the cake in your siggy pic?  I love it!

If you are stressed, what do you do to calm your nerves?
  • tmacwintmacwin member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interrogation-room-motolyn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f811b32a-98fb-40b5-9ff0-9be5ef3bb93aPost:705c90e2-516f-48b9-8b4c-7143f949e50a">Re: Interrogation Room *MotoLyn*</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Do you like BBQ food? What's your favourite? Do you do the BBQing or does Shelton?</strong> Have you slipped up and called FI "Shelton" yet? What's your favourite thing about surfing? What pair of shoes do you absolutely LOVE? Do you like getting manis or pedis? Both? Are you ticklish?
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

And speaking of BBQ, what do you consider BBQ?  (burgers, hot dogs, steaks, etc on the grill or something that uses BBQ sauce--ribs, brisket, pulled pork?)

I always find it interesting that in different parts of the country, BBQ has different meaning.
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is going to win the NCAA tournament?

Favorite soda?

So you sneeze quietly or loudly?

What's the ringtone on your phone?

Do you use emoticon when you text?

Do you read your horoscope?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Bren:

Do you like BBQ food? What's your favourite? Do you do the BBQing or does Shelton?

I <3 BBQ, I am in love with tri tip.  *drool* the weather is getting warm here this week so people were BBQing all over the neighborhood. Shelton does a majority of the time.  Tho certain things require my supervision ;-)

Have you slipped up and called FI "Shelton" yet?

Hahahaha.... no I think that's because I call him bubbie for the majority of the time.  I have no idea where bubbie comes from. 

What's your favourite thing about surfing?

The feeling of catching the wave, its when I no longer have to paddle to get it and all of a sudden the board is being pushed along and seeing that the beach is getting closer.  Also I think its the moments Shelton and I can catch a wave together and cruise along one another.

What pair of shoes do you absolutely LOVE?

I love these Ben Sherman boots, they have a red, blue and white heel and are knee high.  I am obsessed with boots.
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21ny1RzRc7L.jpg

Do you like getting manis or pedis? Both?

Neither, I never think to get a mani or a pedi and in total probably have only got my nails professionally done less than 15 times.  Manis never last my hands are always doing something to chip the polish and I never pay attention to my toes.  But when I have had a pedi the polish lasts foreva!

Are you ticklish?

Yes :-( and Shelton knows it.  I laugh so hard that I end up curling into a ball.  But I will fight like a badger if Shelton tries to tickle me.  I mean seriously elbows and knees are involved in defending myself. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just want to say that I love how many times you used the name Shelton in one post.
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What is your favorite seafood?

Favorite vacation?

Where do you want to retire to?

What is your favorite band?

How many states have you been to?

Countries?
    I'm not good at feelings.

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    JenJenn

What is your favorite color? And why?

My favorite color is teal or turquoise, makes me feel festive.

Fill in the blank: MotoLyn is most likely to _________________ before the end of 2011.

Effin graduate from grad school!  Its 'bout time!

What was the title of the last book you read, and enjoyed?

LoL, don't laugh it was called Pale Demon by Kim Harrison, I luvs me some fantasy books. 

What should I get my bf for his birthday next month?

Does he love beer?  I think you should get him a gift certificate to have him brew his own beer.  If not that I'm a big advocate of taking SO out to do an activity that he loves.

Can you sing at all?

If you consider the high pitch squeaking sound I make then yes I can sing :-p

Bonus Question and Answer:

I can puke rainbows only after eating too much rainbow sherbet. 
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Calindi

What's the most embarrassing place (geographically, not anatomically) that you've bitten your FI?  Ever been caught and questioned about this strange practice?

At a bar with fellow friends.  Hahaha ironically it was an Irish pub, he was playing pool and was taking a shot when I went over and bite him.  No one questions this practice hahaha... our friends know us too well, but there were chuckles and raised eye brows when FI yelped. 

Where are you with wedding planning?  Got anything to AW for us?

I have venues in mind, contacted a resort to see what they were like and emailed some wedding planners.  The venue I was is a plantation in Maui and so everything has to be brought in and I need the help of a coordinator to do schedule things for me.  I have ideas for flowers, dress, hair and colors already.  There is my planning bio but I haven't made that public yet.  Soon though once I get more details.

Do you believe in the death penalty?

Honestly yes, for the most violent offenders. 

Pro life or pro choice?

I'm a pro-choice person.  Always have been and always will be.  My view is that it is my body and for someone to have power over what I can do with it is a violation of me. 

Do you believe in any religion?

I was raised buddhist, I went to church with my bestfriend for 3 years and got to know the youth pastor very well there. Then moved on to Wiccan practices in college.  In the end I realized one thing, that no one religion fits the ideals that I believe, so I align myself with agnostic.  Though I still partake in buddhist practices.  Cause in the end what I believe is that I care for nature, and that we are all connected, when one things is hurt its effects all else.  Hence when the oceans are polluted it will affect every living thing on this planet.  If all the elephants, or wolves, pandas are endangered then we are compromising our future. 
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interrogation-room-motolyn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f811b32a-98fb-40b5-9ff0-9be5ef3bb93aPost:15b450b1-1506-4cf5-bc48-f5aecd8b34c2">Re: Interrogation Room *MotoLyn*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cause in the end what I believe is that I care for nature, and that we are all connected, when one things is hurt its effects all else.  Hence when the oceans are polluted it will affect every living thing on this planet.  If all the elephants, or wolves, pandas are endangered then we are compromising our future. 
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

*like*
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Tmacwin

Do you prefer the beach or mountains to vacation?

I like both  but I've always been a water baby.  I surf, paddle board, kayak, SCUBA and spent 4 years earning a degree in Marine Sciences, so poking through tide pools is an ideal afternoon on the weekends for me.  Though hiking and mountain biking and snow boarding are beloved activities too.  But something about having the sun kiss my skin nice and toasty and then going for a swim in the cool waters.

Favorite salad dressing? (if you like salad)

I need a salad, especially if its topped with seared ahi tuna.  Hmmmm my on going favorite is ginger sesame.  I don't like heavy creamy salad dressings. 

Did you make and decorate the cake in your siggy pic?  I love it!

I wish I could have, the cake in my siggy is from my engagement party its from a local Danish bakery that FI and his parents have been going to forever.  The whole outside of the cake is covered in marzipan.  FI and I dislike fondant.  The little sea animals are made out of marzipan as well.  Thanks!

If you are stressed, what do you do to calm your nerves?

I tend to go out and do something like running.  But if I can't do that say I'm at work or something then I'll take a deep breath to center myself and talk to myself about what it is that is stressing me and what I need to do to resolve it.  If its really bad I call a close friend to vent. 
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Wrkn

Who is going to win the NCAA tournament?

I would love to see UCLA go all the way as I am an alumni, but I'm feeling Duke right now.  We shall see huh?

Favorite soda?

A&W Root Beer gets me every time, squirt comes in as a close second.  Yum root beer floats!

So you sneeze quietly or loudly?

I sneeze like a bull horn.  If I have to be quiet I will try, but normally when I sneeze people can hear me all the way down the hall at work.  Its like I'm trying to expel the devil from my body. 

What's the ringtone on your phone?

Certain people have special ringtones, like FI has Jason Mraz "I'm yours" but my general one is the french version of "dream a little dream"  makes me want to sway in a meadow. 

Do you use emoticon when you text?

But of course :-) how else do people know when i'm happy :-) sad :-( or feeling frisky ;-x

Do you read your horoscope?

Every once in a while if I come across it I will but I don't do so daily.  Though I tend to see that its pretty general.  I would like to have a tarot card reading someday. 
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Audgie

What is your favorite seafood?

Cooked it will have to be crab, crabby legs!  Raw I can inhale tuna and salmon sashimi and rolls like a vacuum.

Favorite vacation?
     So far it will have to be island hopping with my bestfriend in Hawaii when I graduated from college.  Booze, beach and tattoos.  But I am going to the canary islands with FI this November so I want to see if it will top the trip with my bestie. 

Where do you want to retire to?

Big surprise huh but Hawaii, man I could spend every morning surfing, the afternoons hanging out and dinner on the patio with the island breeze coming through.  The place before Fi and I thought  about was Santa Barbara in CA.  It's pretty laid back and mellow.  So pretty as well. 

What is your favorite band?

All time favorite is Cold Play, though Air Borne Toxic Event is currently giving them a run for their money.

How many states have you been to?

Six states I don't travel through the US often.  Though I would love to go on a road trip across the US to visit my friend in New Hampshire.

Countries?

Vietnam, France, Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, China, Taiwan

Hoping to add Denmark, Spain, New Zealand, Australia, Italy, to the list.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interrogation-room-motolyn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f811b32a-98fb-40b5-9ff0-9be5ef3bb93aPost:de471360-8003-4378-981b-b00dd14d793a">Re: Interrogation Room *MotoLyn*</a>:
    [QUOTE]. Countries? Vietnam, France, <strong>Canada</strong>, Mexico, Germany, France, China, Taiwan Hoping to add Denmark, Spain, New Zealand, Australia, Italy, to the list.

Yeah, you do! ;)
    Come visit Beads and I. And then we can pick up Hazel on the way to see Paige.
  • sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did you get into the hobby of riding motorcycles?

Do you have a dream bike that you would like to get someday?

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Are you planning to have a tea ceremony as part of your wedding?

I ask because a coworker of mine did, and it's pretty awesome to see photos of this 6-ft-tall white guy in traditional Vietnamese dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Sunrise or sunset?

favorite romantic date?

favorite fun date?

favorite childhood indoor game?

favorite childhood outdoor game?
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Sparkles

How did you get into the hobby of riding motorcycles?

Umm honestly I'm not quite sure where it stems from.  I have a faint memory of my Uncle taking me for a ride on the back of his bike when I was a kid, Mom was not happy.  But I think it really took root in my lust for guys in tight leather jackets.  I do admit leather sport jackets and the way it hugs a guys shoulders and his waist make me lustful.  I had a guy friend in college that i had a crush on,  that rode a sport bike and he would take me for rides.  I absolutely cherished the moments where I got to wrap my arms around him riding as a passenger.

A couple of years later after I was out of college I decided that I was done being a passenger.  I wanted to be in control of my own bike and I went out and bought one.  Even before I got my M1 endorsement.  I haven't turned back since and you know what's hotter than a guy in a leather jacket on a bike..... a chick in a leather jacket on a bike.  LoL!  There are so many moments I'll be sitting at a light on my bike and all sorts of guys would lean out of their windows trying to catch my attention. 

Do you have a dream bike that you would like to get someday?

If money were not an issue then it would be a Ducati 848, which can cost more than a car itself. An Italian stallion between my legs, hehehe.

For the hell of it and fun to putt around I would love a Triumph Thruxton its like a cafe racer type bike old school style.

Realistically this would be my next bike.  Its a Honda CBR600. Hopefully I can pick it up after the wedding next year. 

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Leia

Are you planning to have a tea ceremony as part of your wedding?

I would like to because I really want to honor my Vietnamese culture and heritage.  So I was thinking that we would do this a week or two before taking off for Maui.  Trying to get FI into traditional clothing is a tricky one.  But I'm sure if I impress on him how important this is that we do it correctly for my family he might give in.  He's been a groomsman for a fellow friend that was marrying a Vietnamese girl so he knows the tradition of the tea ceremony and bringing gifts/dowry to the brides house.  Thanks for reminding me though I need to broach the subject with FI again.  Also I would love to wear a tradition Viet gown, can't rob me of the WHOLE experience now can I. 

Hahaha I would love to have seen a six foot white guy in a traditional gown.  I'm thinking they had to tailor make that huh?  Not many Viet males above 5'7-5'9. 

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Angie

Sunrise or sunset?

I'm a sunset kind of gal.  I think its because I've grown up here on the West Coast and have come to take for granted the magic of the sunset over the ocean. 

favorite romantic date?

Toughest question thus far.  I had to think hard about this one.  I'm going to answer it as romantic date thus far.  Not ideal or dream romantic date.  So to answer this I would say the most romantic date that I had was getting dolled up and FI came to pick me up.  He looked so handsome.  We went to this small restaurant to eat and it was dimly lit, we held hands across the table during dinner and just *sigh* cheesily looked into each other eyes and laughed and talked about everything and anything.  He asked me what i wanted to do after that and all I wanted to do was take a drive along the coast and hold his hand.  That's what we did.  There's something so soothing and romantic about being in the car with him and holding his hand.  Music softly playing in the background the stars and moon above us and the open road before us.  I just love taking drives with him.  As long as he's in the car with me then I don't care where we go and if we're stuck in traffic.  Its ok. 

favorite fun date?

fun dates for FI and I involve some kind of activity.  Surfing believe it or not are considered dates.  Hahaha... but other fun dates have involved going to IKEA and pretending like we're furnishing a make believe house and then ending with a soft serve ice cream cone. 

favorite childhood indoor game?

I loved playing connect four as a child when we were inside.  Or Jenga, hahaha the trash talking we did as kids when playing Jenga was hilarious.

favorite childhood outdoor game?

Ninjas!  hahaha... my cousins and I would find pvc pipes (my Uncle was a landscaper) that were just a bit bigger than us and we would run around the front yard pretending we were ninjas and defending out territory.  Our home base was the bed of my Uncle's pick up truck.  Oh goodness how we were able to keep from smacking one another is still a mystery to me.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interrogation-room-motolyn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f811b32a-98fb-40b5-9ff0-9be5ef3bb93aPost:1b2fdc28-b475-4867-b72e-59e318235ff3">Re: Interrogation Room *MotoLyn*</a>:
    [QUOTE]... Also I would love to wear a tradition Viet gown, can't rob me of the WHOLE experience now can I.  Hahaha I would love to have seen a six foot white guy in a traditional gown.  I'm thinking they had to tailor make that huh?  Not many Viet males above 5'7-5'9. 

It actually looked really good. He had a royal blue outfit, and his wife wore red. The photo is on his desk at work, and I thought it was an awesome picture.
  • edited December 2011
    If you were a kitchen utensil, which one would you be? Favorite jello flavor? What do you plan on doing after grad school?
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    GPB

If you were a kitchen utensil, which one would you be?

I think I be a spaghetti spoon/ utensil, I tend to be the one that reaches in and pulls everyone out and together.  Make sure everyone is done and ready you know. 

Favorite jello flavor?

Lime, something about the green jiggle stuff and lime taste makes me smile after eating a spoon of it.

What do you plan on doing after grad school?

I plan to work in the water quality sector, if I can swing it I would like to go back to being a marine biologist for private consulting. 
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Well its end of day, thank you for keeping my mind busy with answering questions.  I hope I amused you, like a court jester dancing around for your amusement.  Have a great evening ladies.
  • PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you said the day was over but I've been gone all day!

Can we be BFFs when I move back to So Cal?

What bike would you recommend as a starter, since you're also a tiny Asian lady? It seems like a Ninja is my only option due to height and weight issues, but I'd REALLY love a GSX-R.
  • PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and what kind of ao dai are you looking for? Are you gonna do a traditional red or gold?
  • alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your FI is from Denmark, right? Have you ever had Black Pudding? If not, what's the tastiest Danish food you've had since you met him?

and...did you know you have a PM from me?
    White Knot
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Panda-because you're an awesome DC master I don't mind answering a few more.

Can we be BFFs when I move back to So Cal?

But of course!  We can skil through Disney together!  Hahaha... if and when you come visit SoCal again or move back (though I would think Seattle is a kickass place to live) then let's get together. 

What bike would you recommend as a starter, since you're also a tiny Asian lady? It seems like a Ninja is my only option due to height and weight issues, but I'd REALLY love a GSX-R.

Its not a matter of size so much it is a matter of confidence and skill.  I'm a little over 5'5 and my first bike was a GSX-R600.  My baby.... Anyways a ninja 250 is often recommended for new riders so that they can master the technique of riding  before adding in the variable of power.  Getting a 250 gives you the advantage of learning how to lean, turn, swerve and control the bike faster because a person wouldn't have to worry about twisting the throttle too much and panicking at the burst of power.  Don't get me wrong I've seen people get into trouble on a 250  as well.  But if you're like me and you respect that power and take time to learn slowly then you'll be fine on a GSX-R600.  Now if you were going to get a liter bike aka GSXR-1000 I would tell you that you have a death wish. 

As for petite I am not.  Hahaha I'm the tallest in my family, my poor younger brother is shorter than me.  But I felt most comfy on a GSX-R cause its the lowest of the seat heights (not a Kawisaki fan).  Yamaha is the tallest, and I am on my tipy toes on a Honda.  But if you want the bike lower so you can reach the ground you can put in a lowering link while you're learning and get confident and then put it back to stock when you feel confident in riding.  Practice stopping and starting from a one foot on the ground position. 

See Panda and others, once you get me talking about motorcycles I can go one forever.  I tried to keep it short here.  Thanks for letting me ramble.  Now here's a picture of my baby.

Oh, and what kind of ao dai are you looking for? Are you gonna do a traditional red or gold?

My sister had a red and gold one but her wedding colors were red and gold.  I wonder if my mom will let me get away with turquoise and white.  She probably will cause I was never a conventional Vietnamese girl, look at me I made my living playing with fish and the ocean, I shacked up with a Danish man and I'm forsaking the traditional Asian wedding and running off to Maui.  I think she''ll be happy that I'm getting married at all. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards