Not Engaged Yet

AW Your Sparky!!!

Goldlie asked me to AW my ring since she hasn't seen it, and I don't wanna be the only one AWing my sparkly.... bring 'em out!  It's been awhile, and I never get sick of seeing the bling!

If you don't have a ring yet, what's your dream (realistic) ring?  I wanna see all the different styles and tastes everyone has!!!

Anniversary

Re: AW Your Sparky!!!

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is a 1.37 carat round diamond (my great-grandma's) set in a square halo on a delicate criss-cross band by S. Kashi.  The micro-diamonds go around the halo and down the criss-cross to the side of my finger.  On each side of the diamond, there's a small delicate cross of metal with a small round diamond on each side.  Very feminine and delicate - I hear the word "dainty" a lot!  Which I like because that size diamond could easily feel gaudy (at least with my minimalist jewelry style).

Anniversary

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I go back and forth about what I want all the time. I don't wear jewelry so I think I'd prefer something a little more simple. I go between wanting moissaite or a sapphire as well. But right now I think both of these rings are really pretty (and realistic).

• edited December 2011
    Yay!  Calindi I'm so happy for you.  I'll AW mine.  It's a .8 carat Tiffany style solitaire.  P.S.  please send me to the link where you originally introduced your sparkly.  

• calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-sparky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8c345e1-102c-4c1b-9fe1-1398783e3a34Post:999c165a-bb76-480a-b3c2-859e7c891af4">Re: AW Your Sparky!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay!  Calindi I'm so happy for you.  I'll AW mine.  It's a .8 carat Tiffany style solitaire.  P.S.  please send me to the link where you originally introduced your sparkly.  
    Posted by Goldlie11[/QUOTE]

Pretty!!! Grr... Making me dig up old posts...

<a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-ring">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-ring</a>

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I'm not engaged yet, but my dream engagement ring has yellow gold and rubies. 

Calindi- Your rock is huge! But I still love that ring! 
    Daisypath Vacation tickers 4 Leaf Clover
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-sparky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8c345e1-102c-4c1b-9fe1-1398783e3a34Post:cd05b3e6-10da-47e2-b936-6b8769d003d0">Re: AW Your Sparky!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Your Sparky!!! : Pretty!!! Grr... Making me dig up old posts... <a rel="nofollow" href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-ring">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-ring</a>
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]
    Wow!   How the hell did I miss that one?  Your proposal was awesome.  You two are such a cute couple.  I truly wish you the best.  I'll try and be around more to read about your planning :)<div>
    </div><div>P.S. Your rock is huge.  What size ring do you wear if you don't mind me asking></div>
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! The ring is a 6.5. Did you see my dress post last week? I am so in love with my dress! It's in my bio if you missed the post and wanna see.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-sparky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8c345e1-102c-4c1b-9fe1-1398783e3a34Post:77ff7fbb-2b05-4bf9-b354-79a7103b2c88">Re: AW Your Sparky!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you so much! The ring is a 6.5. Did you see my dress post last week? I am so in love with my dress! It's in my bio if you missed the post and wanna see.
    I didn't see the post about your dress.  I LOVE IT (yes the caps were necessary).  I'm so excited for your wedding!
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so freaking excited for YOURS! One month??!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-sparky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8c345e1-102c-4c1b-9fe1-1398783e3a34Post:508952df-1d1e-4eb4-bc20-c0d74677be75">Re: AW Your Sparky!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so freaking excited for YOURS! One month??!
    LOL.  Don't remind me :)
  • edited December 2011

this is the ring I'm obsessed with right now, a yellow sapphire

• edited December 2011
    Liv that's under $1000?? How big is the center stone if you don't mind me asking? Is moissanite typically that inexpensive?

• lilphillips14lilphillips14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really want one like my mom's ring(s). My dad designed a bridal set for her. Yellow gold, marquise diamond in the middle with diamonds along the setting. It's hard for me to describe, but when my boyfriend and I went ring shopping/looking last week, I saw one I really liked.

OR

I'm not usually a fan of white gold, but when we were shopping/looking for ideas, I saw this really amazing ring that caught my eye. 

Honestly, I'll be happy with whatever he presents me with and whenever he does it, but if I had my choice, those would be my top two.

ETA: I'm a big fan of bridal sets. I find them really practical and I just love the way they fit together so perfectly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    I already had the diamond, but the setting cost under $900.  That made me very happy!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I'm new here but couldn't help but get in on this conversation!

My dream ring has a vintage/Edwardian look with a blue sapphire centre stone. I do love the east-west oval look but the regular oval is lovely, too. All of the photos on here are lovely. Beautiful bling, ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    Liv that is a moissanite though, right? I have seen it on moissaniteco.com it is very similar to my own from there 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow girls, those are some beautiful rings!

I'm NEY, so I have no e-ring to AW. However, if I were to pick my own ring it would be an opal surrounded by diamonds and two topaz on the side. I can't post a picture because I haven't seen anything like that. Opal is his birthstone and my favorite stone and topaz is my birtstone.

But, I'll just have to wait and see what he comes up with :)
    White Knot
  • zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

The e-ring.

The set (it's a puzzle ring).

Also, this is the first time I get to participate in one of these. Yay!

• edited December 2011
    This is the ring that BF promised to get me. It's 2 carats. When I told him it was too big, he insisted and said I'm worth more.

I am so lucky to have him.

• desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I never get tired of seeing all the variety!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Zip, I still love your ring. If I had seen one like that, it's probably what I would have picked.

Stock photo of the whole set.

Here's the e-ring part. It's a 0.75 carat-equivalent lannyte center. I need to get my ring replated for the wedding. The band is so much brighter than the e-ring.

I have a really cool artsy shot of my ring in the snow, but it must be on FI's camera.

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ask and ye shall receive. 

• tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jebus I lurves bling!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Fineeeee...if I must.  My center stone is a 1ct cushion cut diamond.  The setting has another 0.7 ish ct. of diamonds.  The matching wedding band has another 0.7ish cts. of diamonds.  I really love my ring.

• alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hehehe GPB, I loled.
    White Knot
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love these threads.

I'm not good at feelings.

• edited December 2011
    wow there are so many different and gorgeous rings!  Love them all!

Anniversary

• ShireeOdizShireeOdiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    my great-great aunt's ring that was passed down to me a few months after I was born.  1.57ct oval center with two .33 triangle side stones, in it's original setting.  I was going to reset it in white gold or rose gold, but I grew to like the yellow gold.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards