Not Engaged Yet

WR: Bridal updates, please.

124»

Re: WR: Bridal updates, please.

• I have my dress:

It's still at my sister's though, so still need to pick it up and start alterations on it. I want to raise the broochy skirt thingy more to my hip.

Our colors are essentially jewel tones of blue, purple, and green as an accent. As such I bought my jewellery accordingly:

I'm going to make these shoes:

I also have my photographer, venue, and caterer. We're still working on the menu but it's coming along.

I'm still only casually browsing BM dresses, partially because one of my BMs is pregnant and due basically on my wedding, so I don't want to get a dress until she's a bit further along (not quite in her second trimester yet), and I'm not very good at fashion so I shy away from  it. But I'm going to have them hold pinwheels instead of flowers:

My centerpieces will look something like  this:

With teeny, tiny pinwheels scattered around the base.

I'm thinking something like this for my hair:

Flowers in it would be awesome, but I doubt I'll do it..

And I'm going to try to have something like this for my garter:

We also just bought FI's ring:

I think that's as far as we've gotten. We need to figure out the rest of our decor, decide if we want a DJ, honeymoon, and stuff like that. But most of the big stuff is done!

• I love your dress Zipis! I also love that your BMs are going to have pinwheels instead of flowers :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wr-bridal-updates-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f90301c6-bd97-4ce3-9575-2bfe2e0355c8Post:170630bf-935d-4866-92f7-e2413e6748ad">Re: WR: Bridal updates, please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have my dress:  It's still at my sister's though, so still need to pick it up and start alterations on it. I want to raise the broochy skirt thingy more to my hip. Our colors are essentially jewel tones of blue, purple, and green as an accent. As such I bought my jewellery accordingly: I'm going to make these shoes: I also have my photographer, venue, and caterer. We're still working on the menu but it's coming along. I'm still only casually browsing BM dresses, partially because one of my BMs is pregnant and due basically on my wedding, so I don't want to get a dress until she's a bit further along (not quite in her second trimester yet), and I'm not very good at fashion so I shy away from  it. But I'm going to have them hold pinwheels instead of flowers: My centerpieces will look something like  this: With teeny, tiny pinwheels scattered around the base. I'm thinking something like this for my hair: Flowers in it would be awesome, but I doubt I'll do it.. And I'm going to try to have something like this for my garter: We also just bought FI's ring: I think that's as far as we've gotten. We need to figure out the rest of our decor, decide if we want a DJ, honeymoon, and stuff like that. But most of the big stuff is done!
    Posted by zipis1[/QUOTE]

Your dress is so pretty! I love the back!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Zipis, I love your shoes! Where did you get those!? I'm looking for a blue pair with crystals to match my dress.

edit: Just saw that you are making them, sooo cool. I'm definitely not that crafty though.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Well, if you have a bigger budget for shoes than I do, you can buy them here:

http://www.amazon.com/Burju-Shoes-Womens-Crystal-Swarovski/dp/B009GIKCAU/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1354200014&sr=8-16&keywords=blue+wave+heels

I just couldn't justify spending $200 on shoes, so I decided to make them :P

The back of my dress is what really made me fall in love with it. I love the front, but seeing the back sealed the deal for me.

I need to get started on all these pinwheels, though. It's going to be pretty time consuming but if I start now I might retain sanity :P

• Zipis- Your dress is beautiful!!!  And I love your jewelry and shoes!  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• We reserved our venue today! My mom and I both cried.

• I'm am stealing ideas from all of you and planning my wedding RIGHT NOW.
    Surprised BOOM! Whatchu gon' do about it??
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards