Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday chit chat

I haven't been around much in the last few weeks because I was on vacation and then was so sick for the next week. 

My vacation went really well.  The first couple of days in Florida, FI and I stayed with my sister and her husband.  It was my niece's first birthday.  I have the cutest niece in the world!  She refused to smash her "smash cake" and instead tried to eat it with a fork.  It was so funny.  After that we went down to Orlando for a few days.  We went to Blizzard Beach (Disney water park) and then out for drinks for my FI's birthday.  It was supposed to rain but we ended up having perfect weather.

We got home last Tuesday and Wednesday morning I was hit with a serious cold.  Major sore throat and felt absolutely exhausted.  The next day my stomach decided to join the fun and everything I ate, came right back up.  And finally, the pressure in my ears go really bad Sunday morning (it woke me up at three).  The pain kept building until it ruptured my left ear drum.  So now I can't really hear anything on my left side and I have no voice.  I just want to feel better. 

Enough about me, what has everyone else been up to?  Fun plans this week?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Monday chit chat

• Options
    Boo colds. That one sounds super sucky.

Tomorrow I'm getting a house. It is attached to other houses and I won't get to move into it until Saturday. I'm wicked excited for it. We have to put up shades and seal the grout in the bathrooms before we move in so I'll be visiting it everyday after work this week.
  • Options
    How exciting, Jen!  I live in an apartment right now and I can't wait until I can move into a house.  I just want to be able to paint and decorate with out worrying about my security deposit. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Feel better soon Heather!

Jen- how exciting to move in. Yay!!!

I'm still surrounded by boxes in my own house.  I'm tired and emotional today, I blame it on my TOTM.  I bought BF a video game as part of his anniversary gift and he bought it for himself this weekend.  Grr.... I told him I bought he and he said he would take his back.  So now I wonder if I also should also get something else that will actually be a surprise, or do I just let it go?  Any ideas on that?

Anniversary

• Options
    My FI is always doing that.  I've basically had to tell him that he is not allowed to buy himself anything the month before his birthday and the month before Christmas.  I have had so many present ideas ruined. 

I'm not sure what to suggest.  Did you get him anything else, or just the game?  If it was just the game, I'd probably try to come up with something else.  If there were other presents I might just leave it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Heather: I hope you feel better soon! 

Jen: I'm so excited about your house and I want more pictures. 

Nothing really going on here. This week my only plan is to hit the gym. I'm supposed to go to a bachelorette party on Saturday but I honestly cannot afford it so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that. 

• Options

I got him a necklace he wanted while we were in Vegas.  I told him from now on he is not allowed to buy himself anything a month before any birthday, anniversary or major holiday.

I would love a cupcake right now.....

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc2520dd-bf8e-4422-a62f-06d8d3d25521Post:ca3e5774-103a-4dcf-ab8a-5dd772f208a8">Re: Monday chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE] I told him from now on he is not allowed to buy himself anything a month before any birthday, anniversary or major holiday.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

I have the same rule for FI.  Last Christmas was terrible...he almost spoiled his present that took a LOT of effort and money to get for him. 

I'm tired...wanted to go for a long walk yesterday but had to work instead. 
  • Options
    Hello!

Heather - feel better.
    Danser - M does the same thing with the video games.  We were talking and he was like "Oh, I really want *insert video game here*", so I started to figure out when to get it, and three days later I walk in and he's playing it.  Thanks jerkface.

Nothing too exciting going on here.  I'm switching temp assignments for tomorrow, and then I'll be back here on Wednesday.  I put in an application with the other place, so I'm hoping they bring that up tomorrow.  My goal is to run this week, at least twice.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who has an SO that does that with gifts.  Xmas is going to be hard, he is quite hard to shop for.   I'm tired right now I would love to go back to bed for a little bit.  I have to get to bed earlier tonight. I always get sucked into "just a few more pages" when it comes to reading.

Anniversary

• Options
    Sorry you're feeling so miserable, Heather.  Sometimes, I feel like being sick is almost fun, because you have a great excuse to be lazy and indulgent, but not when you feel that bad.  I hope you feel better soon.

I have tomorrow off work, much needed after working the last 6 days in a row.  I wonder what I should do with it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc2520dd-bf8e-4422-a62f-06d8d3d25521Post:a2db1e6b-821d-4758-aeb4-6836b75272fe">Re: Monday chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry you're feeling so miserable, Heather.  Sometimes, I feel like being sick is almost fun, because you have a great excuse to be lazy and indulgent, but not when you feel that bad.  I hope you feel better soon. I have tomorrow off work, much needed after working the last 6 days in a row.  I wonder what I should do with it.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Stay in bed and read all day?  Because that's what I'd do with a day off.</div>
    I french with my man
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc2520dd-bf8e-4422-a62f-06d8d3d25521Post:af4b79fb-dc99-45f5-a5f6-c365085a8d51">Re: Monday chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday chit chat : Stay in bed and read all day?  Because that's what I'd do with a day off.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]
    I would do exactly this!

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc2520dd-bf8e-4422-a62f-06d8d3d25521Post:af4b79fb-dc99-45f5-a5f6-c365085a8d51">Re: Monday chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday chit chat : Stay in bed and read all day?  Because that's what I'd do with a day off.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

I'll definitely be doing that all morning.  I feel like I should try to accomplish something more substantial with my afternoon.
  • Options
    Cook or bake in the afternoon!

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc2520dd-bf8e-4422-a62f-06d8d3d25521Post:ff7581d1-7186-410f-b57b-a124488ecb37">Re: Monday chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday chit chat : I'll definitely be doing that all morning.  I feel like I should try to accomplish something more substantial with my afternoon.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd say making a dent in the "Books to Read" pile definitely counts as a substantial accomplishment.</div>
    I french with my man
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc2520dd-bf8e-4422-a62f-06d8d3d25521Post:30f8c60d-0a3e-4cae-9ba3-c693fc32ff22">Re: Monday chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI is always doing that.  I've basically had to tell him that he is not allowed to buy himself anything the month before his birthday and the month before Christmas.  I have had so many present ideas ruined. 
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

I HIGHLY recommend getting your SOs to make an Amazon wish list. Even if you don't buy from Amazon, you can mark it off the list so that no one else buys what's on there. Tyler's birthday is Sunday and I know for a fact that I haven't bought something that he already bought for himself because he's kept his wish list updated.

• Options
    One of my best friends asked me to be her maid of honor! I don't see her very often, just about once a year, but we're really close. She told me she's planning on having a pretty small wedding next summer, but that she'd welcome any help in planning it. I promised her I'd do whatever she needs me to do to help out, because I'm a much better event planner than she is! Anyways, I'm just super excited because I love this girl and I can't wait to be a part of her day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc2520dd-bf8e-4422-a62f-06d8d3d25521Post:e99b1f2d-19d1-47b1-a558-c683c7a62a04">Re: Monday chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday chit chat : I HIGHLY recommend getting your SOs to make an Amazon wish list. Even if you don't buy from Amazon, you can mark it off the list so that no one else buys what's on there. Tyler's birthday is Sunday and I know for a fact that I haven't bought something that he already bought for himself because he's kept his wish list updated.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]
    This is the BEST IDEA EVER!!!! BF is always buying stuff from Amazon.  I love it! Thank you!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    lovelyheatherlovelyheather member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc2520dd-bf8e-4422-a62f-06d8d3d25521Post:e99b1f2d-19d1-47b1-a558-c683c7a62a04">Re: Monday chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday chit chat : I HIGHLY recommend getting your SOs to make an Amazon wish list. Even if you don't buy from Amazon, you can mark it off the list so that no one else buys what's on there. Tyler's birthday is Sunday and I know for a fact that I haven't bought something that he already bought for himself because he's kept his wish list updated.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I am going to suggest this at Christmas, thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh. I feel like I'm on the verge of puking. I think I ate too much last night, but you'd think that by now, I'd be feeling better, right? Not so. I have no idea why I'm feeling like this. I took a nice hot shower a little while ago but it made me feel even worse. At least I can work in my pajama's, but right now I just want to curl up on the couch and watch TV until I feel better. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc2520dd-bf8e-4422-a62f-06d8d3d25521Post:045bf8bd-8739-44fc-bf85-5a278348cdf3">Re: Monday chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh. I feel like I'm on the verge of puking. I think I ate too much last night, but you'd think that by now, I'd be feeling better, right? Not so. I have no idea why I'm feeling like this. I took a nice hot shower a little while ago but it made me feel even worse. At least I can work in my pajama's, but right now I just want to curl up on the couch and watch TV until I feel better. 
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

I'm so jealous that you get to work in pajamas.  I hope your feeling better soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards