Not Engaged Yet
Options

Pentecostal engagement ring

My girlfriend belongs to a United Pentecostal congregation.  She doesn't wear makeup and doesn't cut her hair.  Should I also be cautious about spending too much on a ring?  All of her ideas that she has sent me were $150 or less.  I was thinking of spending $500-$1000 or the set.  I know she'll like anything I get her.

Re: Pentecostal engagement ring

• Options
    Why not just get her something that she's sent you? Why would you look for something else?

• Options
    Why don't you ask her? 
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    I don't know much about the Pentecostal lifestyle, but I agree that you should discuss with her. It could be religious reasons or it could be that she just doesn't want you to spend much. But you should be able to discuss it together.
  • Options
    What were her reasons for choosing an inexpensive ring? I am UPC. I've seen all types, it really depends on the girl and sometimes her church. Some ladies do not wear one at all, some have large diamonds and some have small to medium... Maybe she just doesn't want you to spend a lot of money? Or maybe she just feels uncomfortable with a more costly ring. Don't feel bad about just asking... : if you plan to marry, there will be many more uncomfortable talks coming uour way, so starting now with open communication is great... good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards