Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Finding a Rabbi and Minister to Co-Officiate

I am Christian and my fiancee is Jewish.  We are looking for a rabbi and a minister to co-officiate our wedding in Maryland.  Any suggestions?

Re: Finding a Rabbi and Minister to Co-Officiate

• Options
    Ask your minister if he knows someone.

When we married in my parent's hometown, we asked their/my Protestant minister if he could share the wedding with a Catholic priest.  He said he does it regularly, and he called his friend  at a neighboring church to join us. We had premarital counseling with both pastors, as well as with both pastors in our hometown. It made all parents of the B and G very happy.
  • Options
    If you find websites for potential reception venues you like, you may find lists of officiants who've worked on their properties.  Another resource would be a local wedding show -- Annapolis, Baltimore, the DC suburbs. 

What happened when you googled the phrase "rabbi and minister wedding officiants  (name of your city), md"?

Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm afraid that you're going to find it more difficult to find a rabbi for your ceremony than a minister.  Rabbis are generally reluctant in this area so I would try those interfaith sites or post this on the Jewish Weddings board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards