Chit Chat
Options

Wondering if theres anyone like me?

Hi everyone my name is Susan and im 23 years old and have 2 young boys and i was just wondering if theres anyone on here like me
~with kids
~having a buy as you go small wedding
~ not knowing what your doing what so ever lol
~ feeling very overmwelled
~Not having the best realtionship with the MIL
Im just looking to chit chat
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wondering if theres anyone like me?

• Options
    What is a "buy as you go" wedding?

I don't fit any of those criteria, I'm just curious.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Pretty sure "buy as you" is you buy what you can for the wedding, when you can.

Hi smj...no kids here but I'm 24 and am having a small wedding and can definitely relate to FMIL problems...oh that lady drives me bonkers!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ME ME ME omg did i type this post LOL
    i'm 23

i have and 3 yo girl and FI has a 10 yo boy (they both live with us FULL time) and  he also has a 3 yo boy here everyother week

i'm having a small outdoor wedding (45 people) in 1month 5 days. i don't work so i started watching a few kids so we could pay for it.
    i planned the whole thing myself and i'm not really sure how it's going to turn out...hopefully beautiful but i'm scared cause i really didn't think there was too much to plan.

AND i really thought my FMIL liked me until our huge fall out in july and now she hates me and is no longer having anything to do with us including not coming to our wedding
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ~with kids
    nope

not for a few years

that is why you have TK

I did at times during the planning

~Not having the best realtionship with the MIL
    actually have a great relationship with her
  • Options

Hi again everyone....yea im puying things for the wedding as i go im paying for everything my self and its a super small wedding but with more ppl at the reciption  and im terrifed that its gonna turn out horribal.....and my FMIL it depends on what kinda mood she wakes up in whether she likes me or not  but WHATEVER  this is such a nice web site with ppl planning such beautiful weddings i feel like im the only one shopping at walmart or places like that lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I can definitely sympathize with not knowing what the HELL I'm  doing lol. Don't want to pay for a wedding planner so I'm just "flying by the seat of my pants" hope it doesn't backfire on me in the end Frown

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm kinda in the same boat!

I have 2 kids (ages 7 & 2) and FI has 2 kids (ages 8 & 10).  We are gonna have a small wedding and we're buying stuff as we can.  And I will be shopping at WalMart and everywhere else I can find cheap stuff!  I have no idea what I'm doing...just trying to pretend like I do.  And I don't have a problem with my FMIL it's my mother that I am having the problems with!

All four of our precious babies!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    SandM1827SandM1827 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    ~with kids
    No kids
    Yes, I still have no dress, theirs no tux yet and I just buy what I can afford at the moment and I'm still saving, we're only expecting about 10people
    Absolutely
    Yeah I feel like I'm doing twenty things at once, on my own, and just hoping for the best
    ~Not having the best relationship with the MIL
    My future MIL died before I met my FI so I never had a relationship with her. But I've been in contact with FI's stepmom and she's alright, aside from insulting my niece, I believe unintentionally, during our first conversation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hmmm i qualify for everything except the MIL not liking  me...she loves me lol
    i have 3 kids ages 12, 8 and 4
    paying as i go
    kinda smallish wedding...about 72 guests (he has a HUGE family lol)
    feeling very overwhelmed, hopefully everything turns out okSmile
  • Options
    Hey My name is Jamie, I am 24 yrs old, and my Fi is 25. We are getting married 9/17/2011

~with kids- Yup, I have 1 little boy, Alex, who is 6
    ~having a buy as you go small wedding- Yes, we are doing this as well.
    ~ not knowing what your doing what so ever lol - I have a general idea,
    ~ feeling very overmwelled- at times yes, but that is to be expected
    ~Not having the best realtionship with the MIL - I have a pretty good relationship with her, but a little rougher with the ffil

feel free to message me!
    ~my new planning bio~ ~I am proud to be in love with a American Solider- He's a true American hero~ ~"When i close my eyes by your side is where i'll always be"~
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wondering-theres-anyone-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:0db2d4a9-cdb4-440a-b5df-979740ffae2dPost:c1ff9922-9559-43ee-8e50-b9041fbf6f4e">Re: Wondering if theres anyone like me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pretty sure "buy as you" is you buy what you can for the wedding, when you can.
    Posted by emilyann21[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured, but I just wanted to make sure.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hey there bride to be!

Everyone has their own unique situation. The most important thing is that you are marrying the love of your life. You don't have to have an elaborate wedding, just do what you can and enjoy your day. I wish you the best!! :-)
  • Options
    I'm another one who feels like I could have wrote this post.

im 24 with a 3 year old. We just got engaged in July and arnt getting married till nov 2011, but we thought with the date so far away we would have some time to save, not at all the case in Central Florida. So we will be buy as we go too. :)

I do feel overwhelmed but I think that once the check is written for the venue and i have the date it will be easier from there ( fingers crossed)

My FMIL and I started out rocky but me and FI have been together 5 years and honestly now she is the person I turn to for help and advice for most things( wedding planning is no longer one of them since she is hellbent on catering my wedding LOL )

Your not alone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards