Chit Chat
Options

Chicago Bachelorette Trip

Hi everyone,

My dear, sweet, amazing MOH is taking me on a trip to Chicago for my bachelorette thingy! (I didn't know what to call it...)

Anyways, she is paying for it and she told me it could just be me & her or I could have whoever I wanted to come, come.  She is the only girl in my wedding party, so I do not have bridesmaids.

I think it would be great if it was just her & I, but I'm not sure if usually the MOB comes, etc. or if one of our mutual friends should come even though she isn't part of the wedding party.

Re: Chicago Bachelorette Trip

• Options
    I agree! It can kind of turn into a cluster sometimes with lots of girls. I bet it will be much more memorable, and you will both get to do a lot of what you want to do, if it's just the two of you.
  • Options
    I just went to Chicago in May with 7 people and it was such a pain to do everything I wanted because we needed to basically do what the group wanted, which was always something different. As is the case with any vacation really. The two of you should go, it will be a lot more fun. The more people, the more opinions, the more likely someone will end up grumbling about something they dont want to do.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also think if you invite more people then you're opening yourself up to their influence - meaning they will want to say how they are spending their money.  You and your friend might want to shop all weekend while someone else added to the mix might mean drinking all weekend.  You know?  I would keep it just the two of you.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_chicago-bachelorette-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0ea4e637-e7b2-4b07-beed-7c441c19393ePost:fa9b021c-04e9-414d-bb4d-2709b8ad0f7e">Re: Chicago Bachelorette Trip</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree! <strong>It can kind of turn into a cluster sometimes with lots of girls</strong>. I bet it will be much more memorable, and you will both get to do a lot of what you want to do, if it's just the two of you.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

This. My sister had her b-party in Chicago and she got lost at the Hangge Uppe, returning to the hotel the next morning with no shoes. I was basically in a Jager coma, and a BM with an early flight at Midway found my sister's ID in her purse when going through security. Lets just say that I mastered the public transit system in Chicago going back and forth to the airports.
    Outside of our drunken night of debauchery, we had a really great time enjoying the city. Mmmm, Giordanos!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards