Chit Chat
Options

Is it just me or is this weird? Sort of a Vent

My FI and I gave my FMIL the choice of what to dance to for the Mother/Son dance. She told us she was not big on traditional options and wanted to do something different. I told her fine, whatever she wanted. She asked me if the DJ could mix a few songs together, and I told her I would see what I could do.She sent me this email:OkHere's the list in the order in which I want them played.Ghostbusters Theme SongNinja Turtles Themes SongI'm a Cheesehead Baby by CWA (Cheeseheads with Attitude)The Air Force AnthemPride & Joy by Stevie Ray VaughnThe Carol Burnett Show Theme Song (I'm so glad we had this time together)I don't know if he can get all of this as we were going to download these off the internet. Let me know. Thanks!Now, let me start off by saying if the DJ can do it, that's what they'll dance to - I told her it was her choice and if that's her choice it is. This part of the wedding is about my FI and his mom. But it seems really weird to me and I have no idea how they are going to dance to it. Plus the choice of Pride and Joy creeps me out mostly because of what it's about, and also because it's the ringtone that comes up on my FI's phone whenever I call.Sorry, but this has been driving me crazy, and I promised my FMIL I wouldn't talk to FI about it, so here I am.

Re: Is it just me or is this weird? Sort of a Vent

• Options
    I would guess they are songs that remind her of his childhood. Let it go, it's her moment.
  • Options
    i think it's really wierd, especially after reading the lyrics to pride and joy.  Also, it seems like mixing this collection together would come out really tacky... :( sorry you have to hear it... hope it will make your fiancee smile.
  • Options
    NCV2, that's what I intend to do. Just wanted to get it off my chest now so on the big day I can sit there and smile knowing my MIL is happily enjoying her dance with her son. But thanks for reminding me how small this is in the grand scheme of things. I think I get a little lost in the details sometimes!
  • Options
    I think it's extremely odd and it's going to be ridiculous.  But more power to her I guess!
  • Options
    i am right there with you, this is very odd. glad you can just grin & bear it though.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, definitely strange.  I'm not sure if I'd be able to keep my mouth shut or not.  Hopefully your FI will think it's amusing and won't look like a deer caught in the headlights when some of these songs come on.  I too am a bit creeped out by the inclusion of Pride and Joy.  :)
  • Options
    Wow, this is going to be the longest Groom/Mother dance ever!, even if you only had 1 min of each song....Good luck with that!
  • Options
    Wow I would like to hear that mix it should be odd! Glad you can look at it in a good and positive way.
  • Options
    I guess it's better than no opinon at all, which is what my FMIL did.  My fiance then picked "time in a bottle" by jim croce which is DEPRESSING!!!! but I can't say anything about it.  Although, my sisters are trying to talk him out of it!!!  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wow...  as weird as the songs might sound together, just look at it this way. its only one song. if u dont let her dance to that song it might become an evil bigger deal. everyone will know it wasnt really ur choice n just follow it with some really good songs lol.
  • Options
    All I can say is that you better video it...and post it on youtube for the rest of us to enjoy! That couple with the choreographed routine who's getting all the attention has NOTHING on your fh and fmil...Haha Seriously..it's weird..it is. But it's kind of cute that she put alot of thought into it. If you are able to grin and bear it...then that's probably your best option. OR, you could tell her that the dj can't do ALL of the songs, and maybe she'll cut it down a bit and take out the 'creepier' ones? Maybe?
  • Options
    jbwed- I will do my best. And I am secretly hoping the dj says he can't do it at all. But you're right - that video could totally go viral.
  • Options
    I don't know! I think "Sweet Little Thing" would bug him a little, but the rest are songs from his childhood. The only one I'm not sure the meaning on is The Carol Burnett Show theme song. I'm hoping he'll like it, but he's so laid back I at least know it won't ruin his day or anything. He'll laugh and roll his eyes and get on with it is my guess.
  • Options
    In the end..that's probably all that matters anyway. If he can have fun with it...then your guests will go along with it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards