Chit Chat

Question for the Chefs :)

I had THE MOST amazing seared scallops at Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen in Napa a couple weeks ago and it was FI's first time eating scallops. We were inspired... they were so good. I have a pound of beautiful sea scallops and want to do something with them. Anyone have a good recipe for Sea Scallops? I have a ton of seasonings, some garlic, olive oil, etc. A good bit of stuff. I looked on allrecipes . com for a good recipe and all I found was breaded crap. What a way to ruin a scallop, IMO. :) No offense if you like breaded scallops - breading makes my tummy hurt. TIA!! :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question for the Chefs :)

• I'm not much of a chef, but I like to make scallops simple.  I heat up some butter and a little garlic in a skillet, and then sear them in the butter.  It gives them that brown color.  Add a little lemon at the end and done.
  • Thanks Leah! I was just lamenting over my lack of a stainless steel pan. I wonder if there's a way for me to give them that awesome seared look on the outside without it. The only way I can think of is magic. Hmph.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards