Chit Chat
Options

Need advice: What could you have done without?

Hello ladies,I am in the process of planning a small wedding of about 50 people in which a good number of the guests will be traveling to the US from England. I am trying to save money where ever I can since we want to be able to help out for key guests' travel and accomidations. My question is: Was there anything about your wedding that you could have done without from a cost perspective? Less flowers, nix the DJ, etc.?I know this is such a special day for us girls, but all of my friends that are married hardly remember the specific details of their wedding day because of all the craziness. I just want to know WHERE I should cut costs?Thanks a million! Best wishes to everyone!-Jessica

Re: Need advice: What could you have done without?

• Options
    Thanks you all so much for the advice so far! Lots to think about and I really appreciate it! Keep it coming! <3
  • Options
    You can consider having your wedding on a Friday night instead of a Saturday- it saved my brother and SIL a ton.  We are making our centerpieces.  We have a fall theme going, and were able to buy all the supplies last year at Michael's when everything went on clearance.  I could definitely do without a limo.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled we're getting one- my parents ordered it without my knowledge- but if left up to me we wouldn't have one.  It's several hundred dollars to rent one for a few hours, and we're only going to be riding in it for a small fraction of that time.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards