Chit Chat
Options

My dad at his bachelor party???

I'm not getting married for over a year, but STILL! My fiance wants to have a "2 part bachelor party". First part of the night, his groomsmen (including my brother), maybe some of his uncles and apparently, MY DAD are invited to go out for food/drinks and play games or whatever. Then, part 2 is just him and his buddies going out doing...whatever. (He promised no strippers, so I don't care)

BUT EWWW!! Am I overreacting here? Even if its only for the "PG" portion of his party, my DAD is going to be there? I've never heard of such a thing. I don't want my dad or brother there for it. I can only gross out in my head about the jokes or comments that might go on. Idk. Is it as weird as I think it is?
Wedding Countdown Ticker "You're a Disney princess. Girls like you don't go for guys like me." Well, I did. And now, "I do." :)Visit The Knot!

Re: My dad at his bachelor party???

• Options
    my FFIL went my FI's first bachelor party for his first marriage. only the PG part. but he still went. I don't see why they couldn't go if they're just hanging out and having food and drinks for the first part. it's bonding time.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Both my dad and his dad went to H's bachelor party. It was a huge bonding moment for all of them. I really don't see what the big deal is.
  • Options
    I think it's GREAT that they can ge together for this. It really does show the two families coming together.
  • Options
    And I have to wonder what kind of stuff your FI does that would make you think "ewww" about your dad going to his bachelor party.
  • Options
    I guess I don't really understand what would make it different from them going out for dinner and drinks any other time.  The only thing that's different is that afterwards, he'll be going out with the guys for....a guys' night out.

If you're really concerned, you should talk to him about your concerns, but I honestly can't figure out what you have to be so worried about.  It's not like dad is taking him to a strip club or to shop for lingerie for you or something.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    My FMIL and SM will come to the dinner portion but then leave before we go to the bars.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, I also don't see what the big deal is.  I think it's great that your FI want to include your dad and brother. 
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Eh, I don't think it's an issue that is worthy of an "EWWWW", but I guess it just depends on your dad, and the relationship he has with your FI. I wouldn't want my dad at FI's bach party, only because of the way my dad is. If he wants to include him, it's really not a big deal.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    My SIL in had her mom and her MoH's mom at her batcherette party. And there was a passion party  at hers. .......Awkward.....

At mine, I had my mom and MIL at mine, but we went to Disney :)

EDIT: At Cew: I LOVE your siggy!!!

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-dad-at-his-bachelor-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:1718d3cb-eaec-41b5-9862-ce848b995cbbPost:2c7865c0-0338-4fe4-8550-2388c6ce2912">Re: My dad at his bachelor party???</a>:
    [QUOTE]And I have to wonder what kind of stuff your FI does that would make you think "ewww" about your dad going to his bachelor party.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

This. Also, just because it's part of a bachelor party weekend doesn't mean it's going to be the stereotypical bachelor party.

I'd feel flattered if my H wanted my dad to come. We live far away from them but when we are visiting, I think it's nice when my H, dad, and brother do something together.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think my dad would be honored to be included in part of the bachelor party. Of course, part of the idea is for your FI to relax and enjoy himself and his last "night out"  as a single guy, but he shouldn't be doing anything that is inappropriate anyway. I think it would be easier to let loose without his future father in law there! I like his 2 part idea. I just find it odd that he is planning his own bachelor party, this far out. Regardless of what he wants, his best man and groomsmen tend to plan it, and while they may look for ideas, its really up to them.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Well, it really sounds like it's a dude's dinner out, which should probably be convivial & fun but not raunchy. I'm sure introductions will be made at the beginning of the night and his buddies will refrain from speculating on your wedding night in front of your father.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would only see it as weird if the guys were the Hollywood stereotype and want to go balls to the wall for the party. Other than that,  really don't see why it has to be a big deal. Its not any different than just a regular guy's night out.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Even thought I know a lot of guys do this, I voted no because I don't agree with it.  I wouldn't feel comfortable with my dad at my fiance's bachelor party, just as I wouldn't feel comfortable if my mom or mother in law were at my bachelorette party.  I just think it's weird.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ginabean82ginabean82 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    To elaborate on my above post, there are just certain things you can talk about or joke around with your friends that would just be considered weird to talk or joke around with a parent.  I know I can get a little crazy at times, but I would never want my mom or mother in law to see me in the same way my friends see me.  They would totally think less of me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think as long as your mother is OK with it, why shouldn't you be?
  • Options
    Both dads, two older "step uncles", all the groomsmen and half of his college graduating class went to Vegas for a long weekend.

They had a great time, that's all any of them would say ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-dad-at-his-bachelor-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:1718d3cb-eaec-41b5-9862-ce848b995cbbPost:3db190f1-8248-49e7-8de7-510016825ff4">Re: My dad at his bachelor party???</a>:
    [QUOTE]To elaborate on my above post, there are just certain things you can talk about or joke around with your friends that would just be considered weird to talk or joke around with a parent.  I know I can get a little crazy at times, but I would never want my mom or mother in law to see me in the same way my friends see me. <strong> They would totally think less of me!</strong>
    Posted by ginabean82[/QUOTE]

That's kind of weird to me.
    I don't share every detail of my life with my mom, but I don't do anything with my friends that would "make her think less of me"
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is really my biggest concern. My FI would NEVER say anything raunchy in front of my father or brother, but some of his old buddies think they're really funny. Know what I mean? I'm more worried about the two or three of them that would have a few, then start crossing lines in conversation. But I will be sure to talk with my FI before that day comes! Thanks, all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "You're a Disney princess. Girls like you don't go for guys like me." Well, I did. And now, "I do." :)Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    My dad, uncles and several cousins of varying ages went to DH's B-party for the dinner portion and then he and maybe 5 of his friends went to a strip club afterwards.  It wasn't a big deal - until one of his friends acted a fool in our house and punched DH in the face, giving him a black eye one week before the wedding :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-dad-at-his-bachelor-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:1718d3cb-eaec-41b5-9862-ce848b995cbbPost:a488636c-8be7-4b6c-b2f2-a50c0302291d">Re: My dad at his bachelor party???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My dad at his bachelor party??? : That's kind of weird to me. I don't share every detail of my life with my mom, but I don't do anything with my friends that would "make her think less of me"
    Posted by LizziebeeUT[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Im guessing you are one of those girlie girls who is 'bestie friends' with her mommy?  Seriously, cut the umbilical cord.  </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards