Chit Chat
Options

Please Beware!!! Very Important!

Beware at bridal shows! Chefworld buys your info and then attemps to scam you. Trust me, Google it! I did and it saved me a lot of time. Also Dixie Homecrafters has a booth where they try to get you to sign up to "win" free stuff. It is a scam! The second they come to your house they will try to get you to sign a "price quote" which is in fact a contract!! And you only have three days to cancel,in writing, before you are legally obligated to purchase thier services! Google them also! Please spread the word and save a bride!

Re: Please Beware!!! Very Important!

• Options
    Wedding shows are a waste of time and energy.  What exactly did you think would happen by giving your information to a VENDOR at a wedding show?  Please-they're in it to convince you to buy their products, and if they have to skirt the rules they will.

Just skip the bridal shows.  It's easier.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_please-beware-very-important?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:19c52cf8-c7ae-408c-a37a-ff82cf77d2fePost:0bf1c688-bbe6-496c-802a-26110fb308a0">Re: Please Beware!!! Very Important!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding shows are a waste of time and energy.  What exactly did you think would happen by giving your information to a VENDOR at a wedding show?  [/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone goes to a bridal show, signs up for a prize, and thinks "hmmm, I wonder if I'm actually signing a legally binding contract." 

OP, thanks for sharing this info.  Lots of girls come here asking about bridal shows, and this is one of the many reasons a lot of the more experienced brides will tell you to just skip it.   That's really a shame that some businesses will resort to such sketchy tactics. 
  • Options
    thanks for the 2342730483742083 warnings that you put up, i'm sure everyone read them.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip!  Some Bridal fairs are horrible and some are really nice.  In my experiences Ive always found, the smaller the Bridal Fair, the better it will be. 
  • Options
    There was recently a major scam in Boston, for a FAKE bridal and home show, a lot of people got taken. I think new brides might not realize the scams out there and need these kind of warnings.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/03/02/advertised_bridal_show_a_scam_fbi_police_say/

People were lured in that proceeds would go to victims of the Haiti earthquake, thousands of people (brides and vendors) got scammed, I don't think it is a given that people go to a bridal show expecting to get scammed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards