Chit Chat
Options

In need of some help.

Hello,

I've posted this on another board but it might actually fit better here.
As a bit of side information I'm the future groom writing this so here it goes.

When it came time for me to propose I didn't plan anything extravagent.  I had plans and had to cancel for any number of reasons for 3 months straight (i.e. she got sick, weather turned lousy, etc.) and I was tired of waiting.  So one night at her parents house I mentioned we take our dog outside before bed (we were in town visiting) and we walked around the yard for a while.  I began discussing some of the times we had dating over the last 4 years but was so nervous I'm sure she knew what was coming. As we were sitting on the porch (as she turned her head to dodge the dog) I slipped onto the step in front of her and proposed (kneeling).  She was of course all excited but afterword she has mentioned how she thought I would have put more thought into it since I can be pretty creative.  I've explained I tried but she's still bumbed about it 7 months later (especially when she sees the proposals of some of her friends which have happened recently). 

What I am asking is if it is too late to throw her a surprise engagement party to give her that "special" setting she's wanted? I was also thinking about writing a little speech about how I know the first proposal wasn't really story of all time worthy and re-propose.  It may be corny and embarrasing for me but if it would make her happy I would do it in a heart beat. 

Sorry  for the long winded description but if you girls can give some advise I would greatly appreciate it.  

Thank you,

Andy 

Re: In need of some help.

• Options

Don't take this the wrong way, but getting married isn't about the proposal, it's about getting to spend the rest of your life with the one you can't live without.  I didn't need an elaborate proposal (actually, I told my FI I didn't want a proposal, I just wanted to get married), and I still could care less whether he took me to the top of a mountain at Sunrise or turned and asked me while we watched TV at home at night, because I get to spend the rest of my life with him.

She loves you, and she's going to marry you, and it sounds like it was a very intimate moment between the two of you, so I don't see any reason why she should be bummed about the way you proposed.  She honestly sounds like she's being kind of bratty.  If you think a surprise engagement party would make her happy, then I guess go for it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards