Chit Chat
Options

Jilted ex or reasonable request?

Re: Jilted ex or reasonable request?

• Options
    Honestly, she sounds like a b!tch.  Who ends an engagement over the phone? Also, if part of the money in the joint account is his, he should get it back.  Demanding payment for the rent and wedding expenses is unreasonable though. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_jilted-ex-or-reasonable-request?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:26374eea-d02d-4496-8298-df5684a71644Post:9a389b3b-3c5f-4052-8392-a7ac71cd9327">Re: Jilted ex or reasonable request?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>That girl's face scared me</strong>.  I think he should consider himself lucky he doesn't have to wake up to that every morning.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

<div>For reals. He dodged a bullet.</div>
  • Options
    Ditto.  She has serious alien hybrid eyes going on.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_jilted-ex-or-reasonable-request?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:26374eea-d02d-4496-8298-df5684a71644Post:b2d8f0e7-1f4e-4785-8122-896e79075bed">Re: Jilted ex or reasonable request?</a>:
    [QUOTE]He needs to let it go and quit making a scene.  He may have paid some ridiculously high rent, but he must have gotten his money's worth if he proposed to her a second time.  And Judge Judy, who is the most awesome tv judge since Judge Wapner, never makes one half of a former couple pay back rent to the other half unless they had an agreement that they would both contribute to the rent.  He needs to quit yelling and stomping his feet and consider himself fortunate that she gave him back the overpriced engagement ring.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

Preach it Lucy!  LOL

I agree - he should consider himself lucky he got away with just eating some costs for reserving some venues.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    NighttNightt member
    First Comment
    Whoa, he dodged a bullet for sure. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in court. It seems like this couple had to have had a lot of problems. Makes me curious how he didn't see any warning signs. Or, maybe he did and thought lots of money could solve it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    He's immature.
  • Options
    The back rent is ridiculous.     

Some of the costs incurred because she called off the wedding I can understand.   I'm all about calling off weddings if  you don't think it's the right thing to do, but leaving the other person with all the financial liability is not cool either.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    holy money!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

The back rent is a joke.

And while the bank account thing sucks, he doesn't have a leg to stand on in court over it. Her name was on the account, and legally she had every right to empty that account whenever she felt like it (As did he). If you don't want somebody walking off with $20k of your money, don't put it in an account somebody else has access to, plain and simple. DH is a bank manager, and he says he sees exes coming in and emptying joint accounts all the time, and there is nothing he can do about it ... aside from prepare to tell the other party that they're beat when they come in demanding an explanation.

As for the wedding expenses ... I really don't know enough about this particular situation to make the call. Yes, the wedding is a "joint" expense, but at the same time, she gave back the (incredibly overpriced) ring ... and it kind of sounds like she didn't WANT to spend all that money on a wedding-why should she have to pay for a party he pressure her into having? Then again, she might have wanted the big fancy wedding and could just be back-peddling now, in hopes that it will gain her some sympathy. Shrug.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    the rent is probably just added on to his suit in hopes of getting some of the other money - as in they settle for the wedding fees split down the middle and some of the money from the joint account - but drop the rent out all together in the end.
    Returning the ring was a good call on her part though - even if he is now using the fact that she returned it against her...

If she didn't want the wedding - then you say you don't want the wedding - you don't fly across the country to move ( sounds like she is still living in CA) and then break things off ...

Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lol- welcome to Long Island everyone! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards