Chit Chat

I need some advice!

Hi ladies,
I'm in need of some advice! Please help!

I was raised Catholic, and my parents are very involved in the Catholic faith. They always wanted me to get married in our church and have a traditional Catholic wedding. However,my fiance and I have decided we don't want a Catholic ceremony. How can I go about telling my parents, although I know they are going to be extremely upset? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: I need some advice!

• I think you just have to say it.  I'm not sure there's any way to soften the blow, KWIM?  Obviously say it as nicely as possible - something along the lines of "I love and respect you and your faith, and I know this is going to upset you, but we've decided not to have a Catholic ceremony" - but at the end of the day, it sounds like they're going to be hurt no matter how you say it, so just say it, and do so as soon as possible (you wouldn't want to blindside them a week before the wedding or something like that, obviously).
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Steph,
    Thank you for the advice! That's the most I've got! All of my friends have said "That sounds bad...Well, good luck with that"! I'll approach it in a direct manner, and just come out and say it! In a nice way of course! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Give us an update when you do~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards