Chit Chat
Options

Twilight

Love it? Loathe it?
I, personally, would rather drive nails in my eyes than watch an anemic mumble-mouthed monotone actress be romanced by a wan, closeted gay man, but I appreciate that some people love it. My favorite synopsis:
http://gawker.com/5576441/everything-thats-happened-in-the-twilight-movies-so-far

The level of sickness this stuff reaches: http://www.jewelry.com/2010-04-jn-twilight-engagement-ring.shtml

Re: Twilight

• Options
    Love it? Loathe it?
    I, personally, would rather drive nails in my eyes than watch an anemic mumble-mouthed monotone actress be romanced by a wan, closeted gay man, but I appreciate that some people love it. My favorite synopsis:
    http://gawker.com/5576441/everything-thats-happened-in-the-twilight-movies-so-far

The level of sickness this stuff reaches: http://www.jewelry.com/2010-04-jn-twilight-engagement-ring.shtml

• Options
    edited June 2010
    I read all the books and am going to see Eclipse Monday.  Sorry, but I'm a fan!  I do think that ring is ugly though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Uh oh, now you've done it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Finally! Someone else that can't stand it.
  • Options
    That ring is hideous.
    I liked the first "Twilight" book. Began to dislike the series by the second book, hated Bella by the third book and could barely make it through the fourth. The movies are horrible.
    No wonder Bella didn't want to marry Edward if that's the ring he gave her. :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." --The Beatles
  • Options
    I don't get it.  I don't get Kristen whomever (Bella).  I seriously don't get the actor who plays Edward.  I don't get the squeeeeeeeeeeeee!! over the whole thing.  I don't get people who would stay up until midnight to see the movie.  And I absolutely don't get people who would buy that ring for real.

I read them to see what the excitement was.  I never found it.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    The books were ok...but she is not a spectacular writer. The plot is predicable and the characters have no depth to them. The last book was horrid. I go see the movies to make fun of them and have good time doing it :D

• Options
    I despise them.  I think it's awful that so many young girls are patterning their own relationships after one that is horrible abusive.  I also think the author can't write her way out of a paper bag.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_twilight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:3448e158-338d-45f8-a5c3-b22787509a30Post:8fe3882a-4ec6-4957-8e30-942e2bd94af2">Re: Twilight</a>:
    [QUOTE]I despise them.  I think it's awful that so many young girls are patterning their own relationships after one that is horrible abusive.  I also think the author can't write her way out of a paper bag.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

This times one million. 

I read the first book.  The first half was okay and I was actually sort of liking Edward.  The second half?  Oh sweet god.  Could Bella be more boring or codependent?  Could Edward be any creepier if he was a 150 year old trapped in a 17 year old's body?  Oh... wait.

::shudder::
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_twilight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:3448e158-338d-45f8-a5c3-b22787509a30Post:8fe3882a-4ec6-4957-8e30-942e2bd94af2">Re: Twilight</a>:
    [QUOTE]I despise them.  I think it's awful that so many young girls are patterning their own relationships after one that is horrible abusive.  I also think the author can't write her way out of a paper bag.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]
    I totally agree with this! Everything about the characters and their relationships is ALL wrong! The fourth book is by far the worst though. I was completely disgusted by the authors idea of a happy ending.

• Options
    Loved the books and I think the movies are good {although I thought Eclipse was fantastic}... I'm also a huge RPatz fan! I didn't like the ring at all, but I think the bracelet Edward gives Bella is much nicer, and I think it's supposed to be.. .at least that's what I got from the books!

• Options
    i think robert pattinson is very ugly.

that said, i'm going to see eclipse tomorrow. lol.
  • Options
    I personally am a huge fan of the saga...but the books...The movies are good but I think I like them only because I love the books. The actors/actresses are terrible and they dont properly portray the books, but I have to say, I'm a twi-hard groupie, as ashamed as I am to admit it..its true.
  • Options
    I love the Twilight series.  I'm not a huge fan of the actors either.  I'm going to see it Satuday.  I can't wait.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Options
    I personally loved the books. But I was highly disappointed in the actors chosen to play all of the characters. Aside from Alice. But the ring is horrid. I'd never wear that in my life. And Eclipse, ugh. The way they do some of the fighting scenes is beyond dumb. I'm definitely not one of those people who stay up to watch a midnight movie. That's just really stupid.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i actually really enjoyed eclipse. it's head and shoulders above the other two movies. i thought the first one was awful.
  • Options
    i enjoyed it. I'd just rather have skipped it and went straight to breaking dawn. That was my favorite book and i'm curious to see how they'll do the movie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I loved the books... I HATED Twilight the movie... felt a little bit better about New Moon...but LOVED Eclipse. I can't stand Kristin Stewart (she can't act herself out of a paper bag)... I do like Robert Pattinson and I don't like Taylor Lautner. Considering the books are for a YA audience I think it speaks to different ages. The fourth book got a little too sci-fy for me, but I am excited to see how they play everything out for the last two  movies.
    *Future Mrs.W* Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think the YA thing is an excuse.  I've gone back and read some YA books that were my favorite growing up and they still hold up.  Good writing is good writing and bad writing is bad writing, regardless of intended audience.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I didn't say the YA thing is an excuse for anything I am saying regardless of the fact that it is considered a YA book that it speaks to all different kinds of age groups that anyone who reads it can relate too. I always read YA books one because they are good and two because they are cheaper than other books.
    *Future Mrs.W* Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I read the books and enjoyed them. I teach 10th grade English, so I really just read them to keep up with what my students were talking about. The books definitely could have been a little shorter as they did tend to drag on a little too much. As for the movies- awful. The first and second were bad. Kristin Stewart breathes too much and Robert Pattinson looks like he's constantly holding back a fart. In Eclipse, they did a much better job, so I'm hoping they'll improve even more for Breaking Dawn. I am Team Jacob though. He can be a bad actor if he wants, he looks too good.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards