Chit Chat
Options

Processional Music

I need help trying to figure out how long the bridal party and bride's processional music should be!  I am using 2 separate songs for this and we are walking roughly 70 ft.  The bridal party will go as follows (to 1 song):  FG and RB; FG #2 and RB #2; BM #1 and GM #1; BM #2 and GM #2; BM #3 and GM #3; and lastly the MH and BM.  I am thinking about 2 mins should be enough for them but just am not 100% sure.  I'm scared I'm going to either cut it too short and let it go for way too long!!!  Also, how long would you recommend for the bride's processional... I'm assuming since it's just my dad and I 1 min would be more than enough time.  I was thinking that it could start and about 10 secs into it we would start our walk.  Please help Undecided  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Processional Music

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_processional-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:346541b2-5ed3-4aa3-bb60-c1e1adeb38a2Post:a2274401-7d98-481f-ac26-97c4b9fa1d39">Processional Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need help trying to figure out how long the bridal party and bride's processional music should be!  I am using 2 separate songs for this and we are walking roughly 70 ft.  The bridal party will go as follows (to 1 song):  FG and RB; FG #2 and RB #2; BM #1 and GM #1; BM #2 and GM #2; BM #3 and GM #3; and lastly the MH and BM.  I am thinking about 2 mins should be enough for them but just am not 100% sure.  I'm scared I'm going to either cut it too short and let it go for way too long!!!  Also, how long would you recommend for the bride's processional... I'm assuming since it's just my dad and I 1 min would be more than enough time.  I was thinking that it could start and about 10 secs into it we would start our walk.  Please help    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Posted by cjrosnick[/QUOTE]

Measure the aisle.  Then, walk that many feet, slowly, then multiply that by the number of people walking.

our aisle was LONG, like more than 200 feet long, and we walked it in less than a minute.
  • Options
    Are you hiring professional musicians for the ceremony? I'm just wondering because that may be easier in terms of timing than playing a CD. I've been a flautist for 23 years, and my duet partner (violin) and I do weddings. We've been to rehearsals to get an idea of timing for such things as aisle length, and both work together as to when to stop playing (when the bridesmaids are all up at the ftont, when the bride is at the front and has been given away, etc.).

Anyways, I would say to just do a rehearsal, and see how things play out from there!

Alesha :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_processional-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:346541b2-5ed3-4aa3-bb60-c1e1adeb38a2Post:a2274401-7d98-481f-ac26-97c4b9fa1d39">Processional Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need help trying to figure out how long the bridal party and bride's processional music should be!  I am using 2 separate songs for this and we are walking roughly 70 ft.  The bridal party will go as follows (to 1 song):  FG and RB; FG #2 and RB #2; BM #1 and GM #1; BM #2 and GM #2; BM #3 and GM #3; and lastly the MH and BM.  I am thinking about 2 mins should be enough for them but just am not 100% sure.  I'm scared I'm going to either cut it too short and let it go for way too long!!!  Also, how long would you recommend for the bride's processional... I'm assuming since it's just my dad and I 1 min would be more than enough time.  I was thinking that it could start and about 10 secs into it we would start our walk.  Please help    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Posted by cjrosnick[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    On top of what Alesha said, when we talked to our DJ about this he said he usually creates a loop of the song anyhow, so you don't run out of music.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards