Chit Chat

Another Facebook gem

This is a direct status from a girl I went to highschool with, who's having a baby in May... I have no words. The first is her original status and the rest are things she commented to somebody else questioning her. If I received an invitation to her shower after reading this I'd throw it in the trash.

"Attention all baby shower attendees::: I created my list at babysrus and please for bigger things or things that aren't clothes and socks and onsies...STICK TO THE LIST. We already picked out exactly what we want. :) thank you so much for anyone attending!!!"

"Ria make sure to let them know on the invites. You know I'm OCD lol and I loved what I picked out its the only things I want no other versions .."
"Nope has to be bought off the list lol we picked out everything we wanted exactly to a T. I won't use anything else and my momma got the crib and changing table already haha"
" THAT'S THE POINT OF A BABY REGISTRY. Haha you get gifts from that and when everyone else has their own baby they can chose stuff THEY like."

158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Another Facebook gem

• Oh and scrolling further down on her page this is in regards to her wedding: I really want to send her here....

"Wedding is March 9th 2013...invitations will be sent out soon, sorry for taking so long. I'll tag most of the people (one from each family) that will be invited. We are not having kids at the ceremony & reception, only little ones we chose to have there were nephews/nieces/brothers/sisters & on E's side close cousins that we see all the time due to limited space at the hall. Thank you! Anyone whose not tagged, its because you already know. :)"
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image

• I think she's being a turd sandwich with a side of fries on FB about it, I really do. BUT at the same time, I think it's kind of rude to go completely off registry for the big ticket items. Like, if you find the exact same item for cheaper on Amazon or something, by all means, pay less for it. But if you're planning to spend so much money and go completely off registry, then put the money towards clothes or something that isn't "redecorating" the nursery they picked out.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• She posted another status asking who wanted to be invited to the babyshower. Pretty much because she wants a sh!tload of presents. This girl was a trip even back in high school and I'm really not surprised that she is acting this entitled. Telling people you straight up won't use their gift if its not on your registry.. Wow. Assuming people will BRING you gifts... even better. Good lord.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_another-facebook-gem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:37119b7a-5cd0-40e9-95fa-e4b7a4722b88Post:799a3371-69c4-4c1a-acac-0fff9550990e">Re:Another Facebook gem</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think she's being a turd sandwich with a side of fries on FB about it, I really do. BUT at the same time, I think it's kind of rude to go completely off registry for the big ticket items. Like, if you find the exact same item for cheaper on Amazon or something, by all means, pay less for it. But if you're planning to spend so much money and go completely off registry, then put the money towards clothes or something that isn't "redecorating" the nursery they picked out.
    Posted by RamonaFlowers[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh definitely I agree. But by no means do you EVER acknowledge this on a social network site where everyone attending your shower will see it. 

</div>

• WOW.

That is all.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_another-facebook-gem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:37119b7a-5cd0-40e9-95fa-e4b7a4722b88Post:1301cbd6-56c1-4504-b273-4d9820f93e29">Re: Another Facebook gem</a>:
    [QUOTE]You just love talking siht about your "friends" behind their backs don't you?
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>LOL she's not my friend. I said in the last post I see this because my "friends" like or comment statuses. That's how FB works now apparently. I see peoples updates who I'm not even suscribed to. And since tons of other people on here post when they see something totally vomit worthy I did too. </div>

• take a screen shot of it and sent it to STFU Parents. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow.  That is beyond rude.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow. Just wow.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • HAHA unreal.

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_another-facebook-gem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:37119b7a-5cd0-40e9-95fa-e4b7a4722b88Post:1301cbd6-56c1-4504-b273-4d9820f93e29">Re: Another Facebook gem</a>:
    [QUOTE]You just love talking siht about your "friends" behind their backs don't you?
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

What I find equally disturbing is a few months back she asked for advice on our month board.  The post started out something to the effect of ... I don't want to ask this on the popular boards because of those judgmental women.  But now she <em>always</em> post on the "popular" boards.  Hmmm, go figure.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• lol WHATTTTT?

this just made me laugh. gotta love people like this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Facebook gem:You just love talking siht about your "friends" behind their backs don't you?Posted by LingerLonger1What I find equally disturbing is a few months back she asked for advice on our month board.nbsp; The post started out something to the effect of ... I don't want to ask this on the popular boards because of those judgmental women.nbsp; But now she always post on the "popular" boards.nbsp; Hmmm, go figure. Posted by LiLe422[/QUOTE]

Who are you and how do you remember what I said months ago? I don't even know what post you're talking about. Lets go back and search everyone's first posts, I'm sure they're all the same as they post now.

• Oh and there's a block button if its that quote disturbing quote to you.

• In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem:In Response to Re: Another Facebook gem:You just love talking siht about your "friends" behind their backs don't you?Posted by LingerLonger1What I find equally disturbing is a few months back she asked for advice on our month board.nbsp; The post started out something to the effect of ... I don't want to ask this on the popular boards because of those judgmental women.nbsp; But now she always post on the "popular" boards.nbsp; Hmmm, go figure. Posted by LiLe422

Who are you and how do you remember what I said months ago? I don't even know what post you're talking about. Lets go back and search everyone's first posts, I'm sure they're all the same as they post now. Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

Tk has a long memory, ally.

The post I'm referring to is the one where you were complaining about your lazy, etiquetteless FI. Remember now?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem:In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem:In Response to Re: Another Facebook gem:You just love talking siht about your "friends" behind their backs don't you?Posted by LingerLonger1What I find equally disturbing is a few months back she asked for advice on our month board.nbsp; The post started out something to the effect of ... I don't want to ask this on the popular boards because of those judgmental women.nbsp; But now she always post on the "popular" boards.nbsp; Hmmm, go figure. Posted by LiLe422

Who are you and how do you remember what I said months ago? I don't even know what post you're talking about. Lets go back and search everyone's first posts, I'm sure they're all the same as they post now. Posted by allychase

The post I'm referring to is the one where you were complaining about your lazy, etiquetteless FI. Remember now? Posted by LiLe422[/QUOTE]

You're referring to yourself as TK? Odd. You mean like five months ago? Even I forgot about that. I'm an Internet stranger, and you've clearly been holding onto those feelings for quite some time. I suggest you let it go now. Not to mention what Linger said had absolutely NOTHING to do with what you said, and you added onto that as if it were the same line of thought. You're really strange. Like I said, if what I said on the Internet five months about my FI was so disturbing to you feel free to block me. I may do the same because I'm getting some weird can't let go of the past vibes from a person I've never spoken to on here... I've posted hundreds of time since then and you chose this post to let your feelings go. So odd.

• RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_another-facebook-gem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:37119b7a-5cd0-40e9-95fa-e4b7a4722b88Post:2e642b6a-fbab-41ae-a234-a8999d68d9bf">Re:Another Facebook gem</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem: You're referring to yourself as TK? Odd. You mean like five months ago? Even I forgot about that. I'm an Internet stranger, and you've clearly been holding onto those feelings for quite some time. I suggest you let it go now. Not to mention what Linger said had absolutely NOTHING to do with what you said, and you added onto that as if it were the same line of thought. You're really strange. Like I said, if what I said on the Internet five months about my FI was so disturbing to you feel free to block me. I may do the same because I'm getting some weird can't let go of the past vibes from a person I've never spoken to on here... I've posted hundreds of time since then and you chose this post to let your feelings go. So odd.
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

Ally, I very distinctly remember you  being an insufferable twit and posting all about how you pretty much hated ALL of the regs on the "popular boards" when you first started posting. I'm not stalking you or your posting history, it's just that you made THAT much of a horrible impression when you started out that I couldn't help but remember your name ... and the nasty things that you said.

If you post something on the internet, it's best to do so under that assumption that someday you might actually get called out on it, no matter how unpleasant it may be. That's what happens when you put things on the internet. If you aren't prepared to own saying something stupid, then best think really long and hard before hitting "post".

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem:In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem: You're referring to yourself as TK? Odd. You mean like five months ago? Even I forgot about that. I'm an Internet stranger, and you've clearly been holding onto those feelings for quite some time. I suggest you let it go now. Not to mention what Linger said had absolutely NOTHING to do with what you said, and you added onto that as if it were the same line of thought. You're really strange. Like I said, if what I said on the Internet five months about my FI was so disturbing to you feel free to block me. I may do the same because I'm getting some weird can't let go of the past vibes from a person I've never spoken to on here... I've posted hundreds of time since then and you chose this post to let your feelings go. So odd.Posted by allychaseAlly, I very distinctly remember younbsp; being an insufferable twit and posting all about how you pretty much hated ALL of the regs on the "popular boards: when you first started posting. I'm not stalking you or your posting history, it's just that you made THAT much of a horrible impression when you started out that I couldn't help but remember your name ... and the nasty things that you said.If you post something on the internet, it's best to do so under that assumption that someday you might actually get called out on it, no matter how unpleasant it may be. That's what happens when you put things on the internet. If you aren't prepared to own saying something stupid, then best think really long and hard before hitting "post". Posted by RamonaFlowers[/QUOTE]

I understand everyone getting bent out of shape to the INITIAL posts I made.. But when I haven't ruffled any feathers in months.. And aren't referring to anything I've said in the past, WTF is the point of bringing it up? Yeah sure its the Internet you can post whatever you want, but at least be relevant to the conversation... Don't just show up mid conversation like HEY! I haven't forgotten what you said months ago!! That just sounds weird... And you're literally looking for drama. If she's bored then whatever, I guess it's cool.. Sorry I don't remember every single post I've made though. And I gotta be honest, I don't really bother to keep in my memory posts people have made on here in the past.. I don't know any of you.. Why keep harboring negative feelings..?

• In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem:In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem:In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem:In Response to Re: Another Facebook gem:You just love talking siht about your "friends" behind their backs don't you?Posted by LingerLonger1What I find equally disturbing is a few months back she asked for advice on our month board.nbsp; The post started out something to the effect of ... I don't want to ask this on the popular boards because of those judgmental women.nbsp; But now she always post on the "popular" boards.nbsp; Hmmm, go figure. Posted by LiLe422

Who are you and how do you remember what I said months ago? I don't even know what post you're talking about. Lets go back and search everyone's first posts, I'm sure they're all the same as they post now. Posted by allychase

The post I'm referring to is the one where you were complaining about your lazy, etiquetteless FI. Remember now? Posted by LiLe422

You're referring to yourself as TK? Odd. You mean like five months ago? Even I forgot about that. I'm an Internet stranger, and you've clearly been holding onto those feelings for quite some time. I suggest you let it go now. Not to mention what Linger said had absolutely NOTHING to do with what you said, and you added onto that as if it were the same line of thought. You're really strange. Like I said, if what I said on the Internet five months about my FI was so disturbing to you feel free to block me. I may do the same because I'm getting some weird can't let go of the past vibes from a person I've never spoken to on here... I've posted hundreds of time since then and you chose this post to let your feelings go. So odd. Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

You gotta be kidding me, right? Just because we never personally interacted doesn't mean I haven't seen you run your mouth on these boards over and over again.
    Don't you see a pattern? You come on tk and talk schit about you fb friends, FI, and various people here. Get over yourself.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_another-facebook-gem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:37119b7a-5cd0-40e9-95fa-e4b7a4722b88Post:d387a7dc-b570-42bc-b6d0-c6196bbcc030">Re:Another Facebook gem</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem: You gotta be kidding me, right? Just because we never personally interacted doesn't mean I haven't seen you run your mouth on these boards over and over again. Don't you see a pattern? <strong>You come on tk and talk schit about you fb friends, FI, and various people here. Get over yourself.</strong>
    Posted by LiLe422[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>LMAO yes I'm the only one on here to do this. Why did you wait until months after I haven't "ran my mouth" to say something? And no I don't talk schit about my FI, and for the THIRD time ladies and gentlemen, these are NOT my FB friends.. but people whose updates I see because of my FB friends. God, reading comprehension is your friend.</div><div>
    </div><div> Before you start a bunch of internet BS get your facts straight. I asked for advice about my FI not asking one of his groomsmen something, MONTHS ago, that's not "talking schit." If anything, you're the one running your mouth now. Maybe I'll just quit responding and wait 5 months and bring it up on one of your random posts so I can be like you. Here's hoping. 

</div>

• And you know what I really really need somebody to remind me of the "nasty" things I said, bonus points if you can find anything I've said that's worse than what was said to me and about my FI. Yes I posted about how "mean" everyone was because I didn't understand the way the boards work and I told other newbies that you're all judgmental (you are, we all are, we literally judge peoples wedding plans and critique them) and had nothing better to do. (It's true, we obviously have nothing better to do when we're on here) but I've never personally attacked anybody. I didn't understand how the boards worked and every single thing I said was a direct reaction to things other people said, I never came on here looking for trouble with a specific person. Literally all I did was "stick up" for other newbs like me. Stage may disagree because she confuses me with some other girl who got blocked after saying everyone on here licks eachothers buttholes. 

I stuck around, as you all tell the other insufferable newbs to do after they come on here with a horrible idea, and saw the boards weren't that bad. Why tell people that if you're going to keep harping on their first posts over and over and over again?

• Alright ladies. Time to put the claws away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No doubt she will also likely have her guests address their own thank you notes. Bonus points for a preprinted message just signing her name. Double bonus points for no thank you at all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_another-facebook-gem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:37119b7a-5cd0-40e9-95fa-e4b7a4722b88Post:9a15b57b-9062-474c-bf26-7c677dff1b53">Re:Another Facebook gem</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem : LMAO yes I'm the only one on here to do this.<strong> Why did you wait until months after I haven't "ran my mouth" to say something?</strong> And no I don't talk schit about my FI, and for the THIRD time ladies and gentlemen, these are NOT my FB friends.. but people whose updates I see because of my FB friends. God, reading comprehension is your friend.  Before you start a bunch of internet BS get your facts straight. I asked for advice about my FI not asking one of his groomsmen something, MONTHS ago, that's not "talking schit." If anything, you're the one running your mouth now. Maybe I'll just quit responding and wait 5 months and bring it up on one of your random posts so I can be like you. Here's hoping. 
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

Ally, you're missing the point entirely.  I could care less about what you said months ago.  That is why I did not comment then.  Let me spell it out for you...
    You go to April 2013 and say you don't want the advice of judgmental women on the popular boards.  But then you still come to the popular boards and act all nicey nice - you cant have it both ways.  I was just pointing out that little tid-bit.  Just because it was said months ago, doest mean it didn't happen.
    Oh yeah and btw, do you really think I refer to myself as tk?  I remembered you talking schit on the month board, so, because there is this really neat function called search and I looked up the post to refresh my memory.  So yes, tk <em>does</em> have a long memory. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_another-facebook-gem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:37119b7a-5cd0-40e9-95fa-e4b7a4722b88Post:1dd02d35-ab2e-4def-8159-1cc0d9ee2cb0">Re:Another Facebook gem</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem : Ally, you're missing the point entirely.  I could care less about what you said months ago.  That is why I did not comment then.  Let me spell it out for you... You go to April 2013 and say you don't want the advice of judgmental women on the popular boards.  But then you still come to the popular boards and act all nicey nice - you cant have it both ways.  I was just pointing out that little tid-bit.  Just because it was said months ago, doest mean it didn't happen. Oh yeah and btw, do you really think I refer to myself as tk?  I remembered you talking schit on the month board, so, because there is this really neat function called search and I looked up the post to refresh my memory.  So yes, tk does have a long memory. 
    Posted by LiLe422[/QUOTE]

Yes TK does have a long memory which includes me asking both you and Ally to knock it off a few hours ago.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_another-facebook-gem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:37119b7a-5cd0-40e9-95fa-e4b7a4722b88Post:8664c234-13ad-476f-8785-f46bc98f32f2">Re:Another Facebook gem</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem : Yes TK does have a long memory which includes me asking both you and Ally to knock it off a few hours ago.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Ok, ok.  You asked to put the claws away, I thought I was being rather nice in my response.

::Shrugs::

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_another-facebook-gem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:37119b7a-5cd0-40e9-95fa-e4b7a4722b88Post:2b6d8cc0-22cb-4aa3-bad7-b464f544684c">Re:Another Facebook gem</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another Facebook gem : Ok, ok.  You asked to put the claws away, I thought I was being rather nice in my response. ::Shrugs::
    Posted by LiLe422[/QUOTE]

Really continuing on after I've told you to "put the claws away" is ok because you were being "nice". I'm closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards