Chit Chat

Just need an ear

Hey
I just need an ear or a little vent....When we booked our hall we thought we would have 150+ guests, however as the numbers return it looks like we might get a 100, the hall can fit 400. I am not so concerned about the size of the wedding, but the emptiness of the hall...Anyone experienced this or have any thoughts?!
C

Re: Just need an ear

• It will be fine. As a guest, I would rather have more room, not be cramped at dinner, etc.

What are your table sizes going to be? Maybe you can play with the arrangement some so it still looks nice yet people won't notice that the venue could accomodate so many more people. And another thing I found was that once you get in there and decorate (if you are) sometimes the same actually looks and becomes smaller than what you originally thought when you booked it, if this makes any sense.
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    See if the venue has partitions that can be set up
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • 400 max TYPICALLY means that's the absolute most the fire marshall will allow before he'll start kicking people out and fining the venue and/or you.

So usually about half that amount can be comfortable. Even less will have plenty of room for mixing and mingling which is a good thing at weddings.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Could you maybe set up a little lounge area?  Just see if the venue has some couches and cushy chairs that they can drag in.  It's a classy touch, and it really helps fill up the space.  Otherwise, I'm sure they can just spread the tables out a bit more.  Or maybe could you have 6- or 8-tops instead of 10s? 
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284

• I have  a big ballroom that fits way more than we have coming.  We also will have abou 110 or so and we are just spreading people out.  We are seating people at 8 tops rather than ten.  When we booked the venue it was set up for a wedding that looked just like ours and I thought it looked great!  More space is better than less.  We have plenty of room for the buffet and cookie tables.  And all of our guests will have  a "good seat".  I wouldn't worry too much!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • May want to ask your vendor if they have any more pieces to the dance floor?  Occasionally venues have extra rows of the floor for this type of situation.  If not, maybe they can spread out the dessert/cake tables, etc.

Best of luck!
  • I think it will be all in the way the room is set up.  Regardless, it will be a beautiful and intimate affair.  Good luck and don't sweat the small stuff ;)
  • I think lounge areas are a great courtesy to guests.  Guests that don't typically like to dance tend to stick around longer if they can relax and catch up with friends.
    Photobucket
  • I wouldn't be too concerned, it will even keep the room cooler and more comfortable for everyone.  Maybe you could set up a cocktail area around the dance floor.  There are lots of people who want to be near the dance floor but not necessarily wanting to dance!
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• We are going to ave rhe sam issue - a room that holds 250 and we're expecting about 110ish. We're going to use the big tables that hold ten, but only put 8 at them (I think ten is way too many perosnally - everyone seems cramped). And, then we'll space them out and hope for the best!
    Visit The Nest!
  • We booked a place that the min is 150 and max is 600, and we are definitely going to be way closer to the minimum!!  Like Lilou said, we are planning on seating tables of 8 instead of 10 to spread people out more. We are also doing a photobooth, and other tables like a picture table, gift table etc. I'm really not to worried about it.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards