Chit Chat
Options

Which would you rather...

I'm planning a soiree and originally wanted to have it on a Friday night. 

The hubs, however, thinks Fridays are just not as do-able & that I'll have a better turn out on Saturday.

Re: Which would you rather...

• Options
    Are you talking about your wedding or just a regular party?  My wedding was on a Friday, so I don't think that's a big deal.  But, if we're talking about preference for a regular party, yea, I'd rather it be on a Saturday.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    For regular parties I would prefer a saturday night. Sometimes I work Saturdays but I never work Sundays. I know its not like that for everyone, but its not uncommon.
    Also, sometimes if i've had a particularly crappy or long day at work, I don't want to have to rush home to get ready. I would prefer to just relax at home and go the next day when i've had more time.

Edit for stupid phone spelling errors.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think Saturday is preferable for most M-F people, but it depends on the type of party.  A Friday wedding is general a pain, because it means rushing home, hurrying to get ready, and then rushing to a ceremony, usually during traffic.  A dinner party or cocktail party could easily start at 8 or later on Friday, and you don't have to deal with the rushing.  Plus, a regular party usually means you can wear what you wore to work.  

Personally, I would still prefer Saturday, but Friday wouldn't automatically mean I wouldn't go or have fun.  
  • Options
    How many people are you inviting? If it's not a huge number, could you just ask the people on your list and go with what works for the majority? I'm like Lizzie--I work every Saturday, but I never work Sunday, so a Saturday night party is better for me, but it's different for everyone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    If it's a wedding, I'd prefer a Saturday but as for a regular party, Fridays don't bother me. I am kind of tired on Fridays so I'd be more likely to leave early but I wouldn't not attend just because it was Friday.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    1.  Are most of your guests local?  Friday weddings can be a big pain for OOT guests.
    2.  What time do you want it?  If you do Friday, later is better--so people have time to get there after work.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I rarely go out Friday nights, and if I do, I'm often home by 10. I often go out Saturday nights though, and can stay out later. I'm just too tired on Friday nights after working all week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards