Chit Chat
Options

Wedding gift ideas for my groom?!

Hello everyone,

I want to get my fiance something special and useful as a wedding gift. I would love input from anyone with a great idea!

He is a journalist, loves photography, enjoys the outdoors, and loves to cook.

Thanks for your ideas!!!!!!

ps. We talked about a budget for gifts to each other and he said mine was between 100 and 300...I would like to spend the same.

Re: Wedding gift ideas for my groom?!

• Options
    Are there any lenses for his camera that he wants? Or perhaps sign him up for a cooking class? You know him best, I would shop like I was buying an extravagant birthday or Christmas gift.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2012
    My husband got me.  :-)

My sister gave my brother in law an engraved watch.

I guess it depends on what you are trying to convey with this gift.  Do you want something that he will keep for the rest of your marriage (or at least a long time) or do you just want to spend the right amount of money on something he wants today?
  • Options
    What about a cool new kitchen gadget and the ingredients for a nice meal? (and maybe offer to cook it?) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're not doing gifts for each other persay, but we're buying something for the house on our honeymoon.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I want a gift for him for the house I think...I want it to last a long time too. I found an antique desk that would be nice for his office...acceptable gift?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-gift-ideas-for-my-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:3a0305f5-985e-479f-a11e-108102602ee1Post:af09139c-4ceb-48fd-afb4-c84f9441a8a6">Re: Wedding gift ideas for my groom?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a gift for him for the house I think...I want it to last a long time too. I found an antique desk that would be nice for his office...acceptable gift?
    Posted by rachellynne12[/QUOTE]

I think that sounds perfect!
  • Options
    We were both torn and confused on wedding gifts. We are older and have a very established house, etc...I am 38, he is 45.

We are going to Italy for our honeymoon and decided we will pick out something special for each other there. Is it bad that I want a Gucci bag from Italy?  LOL

Or - we are thinking of getting beautiful Murano Venetian glasses from Venice because we are big wine lovers. 

Who knows...  will be fun to explore!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ive been trying to come up with a good gift for my fiance, too. I think I might get him an engraved flask and cigar holder(the single kind) with a nice whiskey and a good cigar to go inide them. 
    I think the desk idea is perfect! Its the most unique gift Ive heard of lately!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards