Chit Chat

Productive weekend!

Yesterday we took the color swatch to JCPenny for a tie, and bam, found it. Also found a suit coat for FI. I picked up my MOH dress and delievered it to her, gave my BM/FSIL the necklace I want her and my MOH to wear (both were born in July and Ruby is the perfect color for their dresses), hung out and got to see my nephew, found out my brother is having a girl, and witnessed FI get drunk for the first time in forever.

So far today, I have taped the floorboards and ceiling, primed the drywall that we had to fix and am about to start on the wall color. I'm super excited to finally get this stuff done. I should have both walls done before bed tonight!

Anyone else have any thing exciting for Memorial Day weekend?

Re: Productive weekend!

• We just got back from church. Hopefully we'll eat lunch soon (left over chinese. . YUM).

Our goal for today is to go through the clothes we cleaned out of the dressers and closet that we don't wear any more and take them down to Goodwill. Then possibly do a little shopping.

Our friends are making chili for dinner tonight so we'll be making cornbread and possibly desert and then tomorrow they're smoking ribs. So, we'll join in on that too!

That's about the extent of our day, aside from doing some assignments due on Tuesday.

Good job with the painting projects! You should post pictures when you're finished!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I will :). Our living room looks so tiny cause of the tape haha. FI is working on his hot rod today so I needed SOMETHING to do. So he finished the dry wall for me yesterday.
  • What color are you painting it? I remember when we painted our bedroom, the tape did make it look smaller, but then once all was said and done, our room looked twice the size. I swear it's because of the way the paint color flows with the molding. The bottom and top molding pop even more now, so it almost exaggerates the size of the room :) If that makes any sense at all. .

We want to paint our living room, but the whole downstairs is a pretty open floor plan, so we've been trying to figure out how to change paint in the different 'rooms' without it being overly obnoxious.
  • We've been moving this weekend, we have about 90% of stuff unpacked and put in it's places. 
    We are going back to IKEA this evening to exchange a coffee table and a silverware holder we don't have room for. We're also going to look at a room divider/curtain to separate FI's "man cave" since it doesn't have a door.

Other than that, Not a whole lot. Right now FI is over at his other apartment cleaning, and I'm laying on the couch because not only am I sore as heck, but I got a "visitor" yesterday. So I'm feeling pretty crappy.
  • Aww I love IKEA. (mainly their nicknacks department :))

Hope you feel better!!! I'm right there with yeah. I recommend the couch, a good pillow, a throw, and a great movie :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_productive-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:3afadb9e-7230-4293-a594-82cdbc3b776fPost:0a6cb6ed-c887-44dd-bee7-588147502e54">Re: Productive weekend!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww I love IKEA. (mainly their nicknacks department :)) Hope you feel better!!! I'm right there with yeah. <strong>I recommend the couch, a good pillow, a throw, and a great movie :)</strong>
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

<div>You almost hit the nail on the head with what I'm doing. Lol. I'm already on the couch with a throw, watching Deadliest Catch...But I'm thinking of possibly changing it. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_productive-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:3afadb9e-7230-4293-a594-82cdbc3b776fPost:9492f0ad-e883-4bdd-a2d6-8d4f4fe0aec4">Re: Productive weekend!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Productive weekend! : You almost hit the nail on the head with what I'm doing. Lol. I'm already on the couch with a throw, watching Deadliest Catch...But I'm thinking of possibly changing it. 
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

Lol :) We're watching 'Hey Arnold!' ( you know. . . the football head!)
    We'll be heading out soon though hopefully :)

Maybe AFV is on :) That always gets me in a better mood / feeling better when I'm down and out for a day :)
  • Its a deep red. and a pain in my ass lol.
  • Ok! So I think I'm done and won't need a second coat thanks to it being paint+primer in one! Yay! Here are a few pictures :)

Before:

Middle:

After:
  • Hahha the middle picture lookes like a paint can barfed on your wall!!!

I LOVE the outcome though!! Beautiful :) Are you doing just those two walls? I like it, and think it makes them pop. Good job Stacie!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_productive-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:3afadb9e-7230-4293-a594-82cdbc3b776fPost:a20a43d1-009d-421c-ac45-e93d5b4d87d2">Re: Productive weekend!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Hahha the middle picture lookes like a paint can barfed on your wall!!!</strong> I LOVE the outcome though!! Beautiful :) Are you doing just those two walls? I like it, and think it makes them pop. Good job Stacie!
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

<div>I was thinking blood lol.</div><div>
    </div><div>And those are the only two red walls. I've always wanted a red wall. Now I have two. The rest of the room will be tan :) its goin to be awesome watching TV in here now cause it will be daaaaaaaaaaaark.</div>
  • Very nice!!

pssst. . .I went with Red too :)
  • Great minds! Now I just have to get Lu in here to help me move the TV and all that in so I can watch TV :|
  • yesterday H and I went to home depo and got a new rug for our living room! yayy for our crazy saturday night!

we live 9miles from seaside heights (yep, jersey shore) and today a friend and I went to the beach and hung out. almost died at least 10x trying to find a parking spot, but had fun :)

and of course checked on my horse twice today...as always.

glad you are having a good weekend! i hope your earrings come soon :D they should
  • Maybe by Tuesday! I cannot WAIT for them! I'll take a picture of them on me :)

And we have carpet in our house so no rugs needed, but we have our living room set back up now. I'm happy. :) I'll be cleaning tomorrow though. Dust everyyyyyyywhere
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_productive-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:3afadb9e-7230-4293-a594-82cdbc3b776fPost:9f6a8a94-9a0c-4ba9-9540-aeacb6f0e0a6">Re: Productive weekend!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Maybe by Tuesday! I cannot WAIT for them! I'll take a picture of them on me :)</strong> And we have carpet in our house so no rugs needed, but we have our living room set back up now. I'm happy. :) I'll be cleaning tomorrow though. Dust everyyyyyyywhere
    Posted by stacie+luciano[/QUOTE]

yay! i want to see :) i am so glad someone else can enjoy them. i only wore them another time besides being MOH in my sister's wedding.
  • Like.fm for Firefox (click here to dismiss)
    You have not linked an account to this extension. Songs you play will not be sent to Like.fm.
    OHH it looks so nice!
    Sat took FI to an all day rock thing for his bday, it rained for 45 min so that sucked but the rest was fun :). And other then that mostly HW and seeing family. HW went well though with xtra credit i have 155% in my Introduction to American Bus class!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards