Chit Chat
Options

budget

wondering is my dream wedding unrealistic, my parents, my fiance' and me, will all be paying for the wedding?  Is $45,000. Too Much???

Re: budget

• Options
    It isn't too much if you can afford it.  If this requires any parties taking out loans, then it is definitely too much.  How ar eyou coming up with the 45k figure?  Have you looked at venues, determined guest list size, flowers, etc?  Price things out before you freak out too much. 

My wedding will cost about a third of that price... and I think that it will be pretty close to my dream wedding...  after all, I get to marry my dream man :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There's a board here for brides on a budget.  I'm not sure what $45,000 will get you in your community.  It really varies widely.  Your budget may be more than ample for your needs.
  • Options
    If you can afford it, its not too much.
  • Options
    Start pricing things out.  I see that you're in New Jersey, and weddings are a lot more expensive there.  But if you're willing to travel a bit, you'll be more likely to find better prices on venues and vendors.  Even in your area $45K seems a little high, you can probably get away with spending less than that.  You're probably best asking about budget on your local board.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I don't think it's too much if you can afford it, and you won't be in debt after the wedding (including taking out loans for the wedding). 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:3b874bb5-46bd-4f5b-b7e7-75e1cb5856b0Post:4150b834-1213-4794-9b09-a2656597a1dc">budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]wondering is my dream wedding unrealistic, my parents, my fiance' and me, will all be paying for the wedding?  Is $45,000. Too Much???
    Posted by robomurphy[/QUOTE]

What exactly is the question?  Is your dream wedding, that you haven't given us any details of, unrealistic at $45,000, or is what you want unrealistic from a practicality standpoint?  Or is spending $45k on a wedding unrealistic, etc.?

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    I don't know quite what your question is...$45,000 for a wedding utterly and completely depends upon the financial situation of those paying for it.

Just as with anything else, the cost of a wedding is relative to the amount of money you have to work with.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    Agree with previous posts.  If you can swing it, why not? But at the same point, I can think of other things to put $45,000 towards. 

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That would depend on what your dream wedding is.  Can you justify the costs of things you are getting?  What are typical price points for your area?  Can you, your FI & your parents afford 45K without going into major debt.  Is someone telling you it's not realistic so you're looking here for justification?  Ask yourself these questions...I bet you already know the answer.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Yes, We can afford it, there are 4 people contributing to my dream, the reception right now is at $30,000.  This doesn't include: flowers, dj, photographer, videographer, limos....blah blah blah..I think we might even come under...It's one of the reason we decided to plan, and pay for the wedding 14 month out...

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:3b874bb5-46bd-4f5b-b7e7-75e1cb5856b0Post:484f2efe-ee6d-4890-8e47-1cb5f536256f">Re: budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, We can afford it, there are 4 people contributing to my dream, the reception right now is at $30,000.  This doesn't include: flowers, dj, photographer, videographer, limos....blah blah blah..I think we might even come under...It's one of the reason we decided to plan, and pay for the wedding 14 month out...
    Posted by robomurphy[/QUOTE]

Ok, so.... what's your question?
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    you mentioned you can afford it. great! what's the problem now? are you worried that the amount is crazy and unrealistic (even though you can afford it)? let me put it in this way. it doesn't matter how much you spend. the money you pay are towards guests (numbers make a huge difference), what kind of things at the wedding you want to provide to your guests? if you want to use the best of everything, why not? you can do it as you mentioned. i'm having a smaller wedding (80ppl) in DC, right by the white house, and yes, my budget is high, but because both mine and FI's parents and us would want to give the best to those who care and show love and support to us that will be invited and coming to the wedding. nothing wrong with it. it isn't "unresliatic" if u can afford it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards