Chit Chat
Options

My Irrational Irritation For the Day

So, a while back I told everyone at length about my ridiculous cousin. And how she was determined to steal my wedding date, was mean to me, blah blah blah. Seriously petty stuff, basically me being a whiny brat. Well, I got another one for ya. She's pregnant now. She engaged to this dude, and they're having a baby. Her super religious family is really upset about this. I am upset, but not because she's pregnant. Frankly I couldn't care less what the state of this chick's uterus is. I'm upset because, when her mother asked her in front of everyone (my cousin sprung on our family as a whole group while we were celebrating the baptism of my baby cousin, which my grandmother was absolutely appalled that her parents didn't even get a head's up. For them, this is NOT happy news) why she was doing everything "out of order" (I happen to think this was inappropriate to ask in front of extended family, but whatever), she looked right at me and she said "Well, we're determined not to get married before LittleMissCutiePie. We wouldn't want to upstage her." in a really snarky voice. I should probably mention my Aunt told her not to upstage me, and that's why she moved her wedding date. I didn't know this at the time. I genuinely thought she came to that conclusion on her own.

Bright side, when my cousin said that, people came to my defense when I was too confused/speechless to respond. My grandmother is convinced she got pregnant to spite me. That's too cuckoo bananas, even for my cousin. I'm just irritated that she verbally bitchslapped me in front of our family. What the eff.

Re: My Irrational Irritation For the Day

• Options
    to quote, "get over it."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to put it out there that it's not always easy to get pregnant. Chances are very high she didn't get pregnant out of spite. I happen to think the question, "why are you doing things out of order" is inappropriate in any setting.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    Eh. My older sister got KU twice during my engagement, both times with incredibly questionable timing. Some people do what they can to ensure everything is about them. By letting it bother you, all you're doing is feeding into it and giving her exactly what she wants.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    Ignore, ignore, ignore. Wash, rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Good for you. Now get back to planning YOUR wedding, and stop getting hung up on what her wedding is/was like. It will be special because it will be YOUR day. Please, get over it. And rejoicing over this really does make you sound petty, bitchy, and immature. Do yourself and the people around you a HUGE favour and never bring this up again.
    Posted by LittleMissCutiePie[/QUOTE]

Didn't you just give this advice in the thread right about this one? Practice what you preach.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    The fact that you seriously think that someone is bringing another person into this world all just to spite you makes you seem incredibly arrogant. Get your head out of your own ass and find a way to deal with life in a more mature way. Not everything is about you. I promise.

And I would be willing to bet that she made that snarky comment because you've somehow let her know how immature you are and that you think she is trying to steal your thunder. And for that, I say, go her.
  • Options
    Why not get back to what a wedding is supposed to be about (happy, happy, joy, joy LOL).  If your cousin is really so vindictive as to get pregnant on purpose just to 'upstage' you, then there are more serious issues going on that should be addressed.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-irrational-irritation-for-the-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:3dd585a4-545e-46fe-b56d-2a31751486b1Post:d14ee2ce-cac2-4cd9-84f5-122f3c4426af">Re: My Irrational Irritation For the Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Irrational Irritation For the Day : Didn't you know?  Spite babies are the new trend.
    Posted by 1covejack[/QUOTE]

LOL thanks for the laugh.  I need it today.  Seriously.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Not to pick fights, but if you read the OP closely, she says "My grandmother is convinced she got pregnant to spite me. That's too cuckoo bananas, even for my cousin." So, for all of you jumping all over her for saying that she thought that her cousin got pregnant out of spite, you are actually snarking at her for no reason. She isn't mad about having her thunder stolen, she is upset that she was pulled into a family drama that she didn't initiate or want.
  • Options
    Thank you previous post!  I think that these boards are pretty entertaining to read, but not when people jump to comclusions.  OP, ignore your cousin and plan your day.  Your family jumped to your defense during the whole baby reveal, so you dont really have anything to worry about.  Let your cousin do what she wants.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, these comments! She did say that it was an irrational irritation. Let a girlfriend vent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    StageManager14,
    I don't think I need a cape to point out when other people only see what they want to see so they can snark at someone else. I thought the point of joining the boards and asking for advice was for other people to actually help, not pick at people to make themselves feel superior. Thank you for correcting me with commentary that is neither helpful nor even germaine to the OP's question.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards