Montana

Chancey's

Hey Everyone!  I am getting married on September 3rd 2011 and my FI is from Huntley.  So we were talking about getting married at Chancey's.  I know they are pretty expensive, but I have also heard some not so great stuff about them too.  Does anyone have any dirt?  I have heard that the staff were the first one's through the buffet line-even before the bride and groom.  And that they nickel and dime you for everything!  I really hope that is not the case, however I just wanted to see if any of you knew anything before I put down the deposit!!

Re: Chancey's

• edited December 2011
    I didn't have my wedding there so I can't speak to the actual event flow during the reception. They are definately expensive, I think it was something like $2500 just to rent the place which didn't include ANYTHING. You have to rent everything seperate, silverware, plates, linens, etc. I believe you also have to pay to bring in a bartender, I dont believe they supply one. Every wedding venue will nickel and dime you it just depends if its in your budget or not. We chose a hotel because all of the decor, linens, and everything were included in the price.

It is definately very very pretty though and if its in your budget then go for it! There is a wedding fair Oct 3rd and one of the venue's to tour is Chancey's, so you can ask the owner all about it then. She is very nice. The officiant we used, Patricia Clark is very good friends with the owner so I never heard anything bad about it.

Have you toured it? Have you asked the owner your questions? I would find out more before you commit and put your deposit down.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and Congrats!
  • Linds32Linds32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we have toured and visited with the owner.  She actually has a daughter that is my FIs age.  So they chatted for a while about it.  I have a lot of OOT guests flying in, so we didn't want everyone to have to drive.  We are expecting 300 and my step dad owns a restaurant so he wants to cook!  Which is great and will save us some serious money!  We are going to have our ceremony and reception there.  So that will be nice.  I guess I will visit with the owner again and just make sure I get everything in writing.  Thanks for the help!  Where are you getting your dress or have you gotten it yet?  My FI was a bridesman for one of his friends got her dress from David's and they lost her dress and had to overnight it.  So I am nervous about that as well.  I think I am a little bit of a worrier!  Thanks for the input!  Where are you getting flowers?  And also where did you get cake?  We want to do cupcakes and have heard lots of great things, but am not sure where to get them!

Thanks 
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married in August, so I'm all done! I got my dress at Davids Bridal. One of the wedding fairs in Oct, the one at the Holiday Inn, (not the one on Oct 3rd) gave me a $50 off coupon for just telling them my furture appt w/Davids Bridal, they can also make the appt for you and still give the the coupon, so that was a bonus. I didnt have a single problem with DB and got my dress, BM dresses & FG dresses there.

I got my flowers from IGA florists, they were cheap and did a fantastic job. We did our cake with a friend to save money because its soooo expensive. The cheapest bakery is IGA bakery or cake creations in the heights. Cupcakes are a way cheaper way to go then a tierred cake. You may want a small cake at the top to cut into, unless you prefer to feed each other a cupcake which would be fine too.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I've been through this so got it all down pretty well! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Im with girl and chaunceys is spendy but if you can afford it go for it! I was going to go there to be honest but with the same 300 and about 2/3 of them being oot I didn't want everybody drinking and driving after the wedding. It was too much of a risk for me.  Good luck!
  • Linds32Linds32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are providing transportation for our guests to and from the hotel to Chancey's and to homes if people have been drinking. 

Jessie-where are you getting married? 

Thanks for the help!
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is in June and we're planning on Chancey's. The deposit was 900 and we have to pay 900 more by 30 days before the wedding. They include a free night at the bed and breakfast and all of the chairs and tables for the reception. We looked at the danwalt gardens and they were 2500 all together and they did not include tables or chairs. The only think we have to rent are chairs for the ceremony and a tent if it turns out that it's going to be rainy. They seemed super nice and I thought the price was reasonable compared to other places we looked. Also they let you use their tea room for no charge if you'd like to for your bridal shower.
  • Linds32Linds32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey thanks!  I still haven't put down our deposit yet, but thanks for the details!  I am excited to get married there.  It is so pretty and a one stop shop-so to speak!  Good luck with planning!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards