Chit Chat

Bridal Show HELP!

My soon to be mother-in-law has generously offered to take me to any bridal show in the US, all expenses paid. 

The problem?  I have no idea where the best bridal shows are.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Re: Bridal Show HELP!

• Where are you getting married?  The bridal shows are really just an opportunity to meet vendors in your area, so it wouldn't make sense to go to one somewhere besides where your wedding is.
  • Well I am getting married in St Louis.  I already have most of my big items booked but just need ideas for DIY decorations and flowers.
  • I don't think I would personally travel OOT to a bridal show just to get ideas but I would think that Bridal Show in NYC would be a good one to get ideas from. It was huge and had a lot of over the top and unique things that I had never seen before. 

However from my experience it seems vendors try to show their most extravagant items to try and impress brides as well as up-sell them so there are not a lot of practical ideas to pull from as far as realistic DIY projects. But that's JMO.
  • My sister and I went to a bridal show in Philadelphia this Saturday.  The amount of people there and the line we had to stand it... oh my GOD.  They also slapped stickers that said "VIB" (Very Important Bride) and "VIG" (Very Importan Groom) on the key players.  We left almost immediately.

If you aren't bothered by crowds and pushy people, then you'll be okay.  I'd look into how the bridal show is run before you decide.  Do you want a show where you are free to browse or do you want one (like the one we were at) where you are handed to a consultant who walked you through each and every thing?  Pick carefully.  And don't wear a sticker (gah).
  • If you're looking for DIY ideas, you should check out the DIY board and look at their bios.  Those girls have a lot of great ideas and will help you.
  • I've been to one bridal faire, and I don't know if they are all the same...but if you only need DIY ideas and not vendors, I don't think it's worth it at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards