Chit Chat
Options

Poll: How old were you...

Everyone remembers their first crush, right?

For me- it was Timmy Sawyer...he sat next to me in the second grade.  Wondering if I was young for mine (fiance thinks I was abnormally young lol) 

I remember literally every crush I've ever had.  When I was young- I was prone to them, and in high school I was actually that girl who wrote poetry and daydreamed about the one I liked.  Though my notion of love has matured, I am still today a "romantic".

Definition of crush- NOT the "do you like me, check yes or no" I mean the kind that makes you a bit nervous and prone to saying, thinking or doing dumb things to be close to that peson.

judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.

Re: Poll: How old were you...

• Options
    Not until I was in college did I feel that way about someone.  I don't know if that means I'm stunted romantically, but I like to think I did okay when I found FI. =]

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_poll-old-were?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f406702-d2b8-4d6a-81f5-a1d955e3db52Post:f019be23-9e0e-439c-8624-553c5f503532">Re: Poll: How old were you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not until I was in college did I feel that way about someone.  I don't know if that means I'm stunted romantically, but I like to think I did okay when I found FI. =]
    Posted by sweetpea0911[/QUOTE]

I think you're probebly as romantic as anyone who has experienced a crush sooner...it's not really a determinant of that  I dont think.  But I do wish that I'd spent more time on ME and less on "does he like me???"  yuck!  Though my silliness brings a smile to my face sometimes...I do actually regret "falling" all the time. 
    It's healthier I bet to be the girl who doesn't waste her time on crushes- but rather on her own interests & goals.
    =)
    judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.
  • Options
    I said between 8-10, but when I was three I told my mom I was going to marry my childhood friend Jake. lol. But idk if that counts as a "real" crush. So I would say the first one I was probably 6 or so. Graham Soderquist.

• Options
    I actually had my first boyfriend and peck on the lips in elementary school LOL
  • Options

This is such funny timing for this question.  I was in fifth and into  sixth grade when I had my first crush / first boyfriend… Billy Giles… The reason it’s so funny to me is through the magic of Facebook he found me… We were just discussing our “relationship” the other day.  Funny how when your in grade school “relationship” is holding hands and sneaking notes between and during classes… We never even kissed… To be that innocent and naive again... He was the first boy I though I would marry.. ha ha, now here it is 16 years later, and I'm getting married in 6 months to some one I never "dated".  We have knew each other for ever, always had a thing for each other, even lived together for a short amount of time, but never really "dated". 

Anniversary
  • Options
    I remember my first crush: third grade. His name was Justin and he had blonde, blonde, white blonde hair. I had a crush on him all the way up to tenth grade, when we actually dated. He turned out to be a major douche, and that makes me feel good because I'm mean.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I think I was 12/13. His name was Elijah Rockhill. Totally cute surfer-looking guy that I met at the beach. He actually was there on vacation (I live there year-round, and the house they rented was right next to my great-grandmother's)), and lived over an hour away, so our relationship was mostly phone-based. But for like 3 or 4 years in a row, every summer he would come for vacation, and we would like "date" for that 2 weeks (We never even kissed, we just would hang out together and hold hands, lol) ... then he'd go home, date other people and talk to me on the phone every day. So I was the "other woman" at a very young age, hahaha.

When I was 16 or 17 he stopped calling me suddenly for a few months. When it came time for vacation, I met up with him and he told me that his girlfriend was pregnant, and they were keeping it, so he felt like he should stop talking to me (Why he couldn't have explained that over the phone was beyond me even then), but if I still wanted to "be just friends" that was cool. I'm not really sure how he wanted to be friends if he couldn't talk me anymore, haha. Last I heard, he married her and seemed happy, so it worked out I guess, lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    My first little boyfriend was David in pre-school. Obviously that was more of a friendship sort of thing. My first crush was Bryan Goddard in fifth grade.

But, my first crush where I did stupid things was Nathan (forgot his las name Frown) in high school. I was a freshman and he was a sophomore and I did stupid things just to sit next to him. He probably thought I was that little tag-a-long girl... haha.
  • Options
    My first crush was a boy named Zack in the 6th grade.  He was cute and funny--I had it for him bad.  I was really nerdy in middle school.  He knew I had a crush on him and he would tease me relentlessly.  He asked one of my best friends to dance with him at the Valentine's Day dance.  I was heart-broken. 

I moved schools and had a crush on a boy named Brooks for the rest of middle school.  I was still pretty dorky, but he was nice to me anyway.  We were lab partners in science class for 2 years.  I'm not sure if he ever knew I had a crush on him.  Girls weren't really on his radar until high school.  By 9th grade I was much less socially awkward and was getting a lot of attention from guys, so I lost interest. 
  • Options
    I was 4 years old and his name was Joseph Michael.  We went to pre-school together and they would set the chairs up in a "U" shaped around the room.  Everyday they would put a paper school bus with your name on it, on a chair.  They would put it in a different place everyday so you always sat next to someone new and would make new friends.  Well I would make my mom take me early so I could switch the buses and make sure me and Joseph Michael sat next to each other.  The teachers didn't have the heart to stop me, they thought it was so cute.

Do most people not remember things from when they were 4? I remember things from when I was two.  
  • Options
    I was 11 or 12, I think...I had a crush on this boy Andrew who was the pk at my old church...and when, a couple years later, the other girls found out about it, they pushed me into "asking him out".  Even though I was extremely nervous, I did ask him...and he said no, can we be friends?  But after that he avoided me like the plague.  I was heartbroken...and had to still be around him every Wednesday and Sunday for five more years!!! Ugh!  But, looking back, he was a  real douche, and I'm sooooo glad we didn't get together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for posting your personal stories- LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards