Chit Chat
Options

Hospital :[ ETA: all good

So... Been sat in hospital for like, three hours now. Friend dumped me in a cab this morning after I woke up with major cramps, I got to the hospital an they rushed me straight through, did a load of poking and prodding and scanning and needles [URGH]... And disappeared! So like, WTF? I'm really nervous, no one will tell me what's goin on... I wanna know if the little bean's okay... I really need something to take my mind off this, it's driving me nuts!
Friend's jumping work early and heading over in a coupla hours, but... I'm starting to think he's gonna have to come the hospital, doesn't look like I'm gettin out of here any time soon.

So... On a sidenote to actually start a discussion... IF [because everything WILL be fine], IF, something goes wrong, should I tell xFI? Or, maybe not "should I", because it's up to me, I guess, but like, would you? Yes, I know that as the father he has the right to know if there are any issues, but, if I tell him something [especially the worst] happened, I think he'd maybe use that to try and worm his way back in...??

Urgh, I dunno. Just wanna know what's goin on!!!

ETA: All is well. Turns out I had a bladder infection, which my body was trying to fight off, causing cramps and general discomfort.
Not really sure why it took them so flipping long to tell me that, but ultimately, all is fine, no need to panic, and that's the main thing.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I did manage to check throughout the day but didn't get a chance to reply, so I apologise for the delayed response.

Lucy: you can tell Mr Lucy he's a genius. I call the same thing singing breathing, but use it as an exercise to "warm up" the lungs... Never thought of using it to calm down though, so thanks for the tip :]
So, maybe things don't always go as planned... Maybe that's okay. I may be alone for now, but my baby boy is on his way, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Re: Hospital :[ ETA: all good

• Options
    I'm very sorry you're having to go through this, especially alone. But think only positive thoughts.  You're not going to have to think of telling him anything because everything is going to be alright!  Keep us posted.
  • Options
    Legu, I'm so sorry!  Even though I'm sure everything is going to be fine, being in the hospital is certainly not how anyone wants to spend their time... especially when they aren't telling you much.  I remember H ended up in the ER two years ago after having a seizure.  I took SIX HOURS for them just to do a CT scan and some lab work.  We spent most of the time staring at the wall or pretending to watch TV.

I don't think there's anything you need to tell xFI but if for some reason there was, I think it's something you need to think about.  From what I've read of your posts, you seem like a very strong woman.  I don't think you would allow your xFI to worm his way back in or use it against you in any way.  You know what that relationship was and where it was headed, and his recent actions have confirmed that you made the right decision.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Legu - sending lots an lots of hugs and prayers for you and the little Bean. One of my DD's went thru a couple of ER visits like this with her first child.  Now he just wants to be allergic to broccoli because he hates it.  I'm voting that everything will be good to go in a little while.

I am going to lightly step into answering your question about your ex (even though it won't be necessary).  Would I tell him if I were you?  Yes.  I would let all of the emotion of what he has done come full circle and hit him square between the eye.  Not just to be spiteful but because it will happen in the end anyway.

Sooner or later he would figure out you weren't pregnant anymore and would wonder why.  You would be at a point where you are trying to deal with it and work each day to put the experience in a place where you can deal with it and pick your life back up again.  (I didn't say "getting over it", I said trying to deal with it).  You don't need to be on that journey and have to go back to square one with him.

It wouldn't be a problem for him to try to worm his way back into my life if I were you because anyone who treated me like he treated you is a worm and wouldn't stand a chance at succeeding.

This was a hypothetical answer to your question.

Will be checking for good news in this thread!
  • Options
    Oh Legu, I hope you're okay! I think your ex-Fi deserves to know if there's something wrong.....but he will only "worm his way back in" if you LET him. And obviously he's proven himself to be a huge tw*t, so. He has no place in your life. But you should try not to worry about that now -- focus on being healthy and you can cross that bridge when you come to it.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Fingers crossed everything will be ok Legu!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hope everything is okay! 
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Just checking back to see how the "little legume" is doing. Hugs for you, hon.
  • Options
    Glad everything turned out okay Legu. Betcha never thought a bladder infection would be considered good news, huh?
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yay for LIttle Legume!  So happy to see this on here this morning.  I was getting a bit concerned when there was no update last night.  Yeah, when was the last time a bladder infection was good news?
  • Options
    LeguLegu member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Bladder infection? Good news?? Lol, you guys are right... How often can you say that. I'm just glad everything's all good. And thanks again, it means a lot to know there are people out there that I can sound off to :]
    So, maybe things don't always go as planned... Maybe that's okay. I may be alone for now, but my baby boy is on his way, and I wouldn't change a thing.
  • Options
    Legu, I'm glad to hear that you and mini Legu are safe! Take it easy for a couple of days and get to feeling better! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

SO glad to hear that everything is okay.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards