Chit Chat
Options

XP: Train Length!

So, I'm casually browsing dresses (18 months off...not a lot of time to sit on a dress, but not like I have to rush out and buy one TOMORROW OMG!!) and I'm noting all the different train lengths.  I was wondering how many people actually had the chathedral like trains, or if anyone said, "eh, no thanks" to a train at all (like I think I want to!) 

So....tell me about your dress! :)

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: Train Length!

• Options
    This is my train, the reason I fell in love with it is because it's DETACHABLE!! I didn't want to bustle, and now I don't have to!!

• Options
    HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010

The picture cuts the train off but it wasn't too much bigger than what shows.

I will add that you should try on dresses that are different than what you are picturing.  I ended up with a dress completely different than what I was expecting to get.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    No train for me. 1, my dress is knee-length. 2, I think trains look stupid and showy. I don't understand the point of having one, especially when most brides have to deal with the bustle. When a friend of mine got married she had to constantly go to the bathroom to fix the damn thing because it kept falling.
  • Options

Mine is longer than I would have normally intended to get, but I really loved the dress.  Thankfully, the lady doing my alterations said the bustle would be easy to do.
  • Options
    Your poll is difficult since you didn't use any of the proper terms.  I checked medium for chapel length.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses!  I wasn't quite sure of the correct names for all the different lengths, but I think everyone got the basic idea.  Your dresses are all very pretty - I can only hope to find one that fits me just as well.  Thanks again! =]

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My sis didn't want a train either.  Her dress had a sweep train that the seamstress said coudln't be removed because the fabric was cut on the bias & would look weird if it were shortened/removed.  She was able to bustle the train during her alterations... permanently.   Being that it was just a sweep train, there wasn't a lot of weight to it and it stayed in place perfectly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards