New Hampshire
Options

too many to choose from!!

there are soo many DJ's, photographers, florists etc. out there!!! how do you know which one is right for you and which ones you should even meet with?!?! 

Re: too many to choose from!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Let us know your budget for each and I'm sure you'll get a ton of responses.  Budget is the most key factor in choosing your vendors.
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have lots of meetings....it's important for your FI to meet with the DJ, Venue and Photographer too.

We used www.bethwallacephotography.com for our photographer, she's awesome.

for a DJ we used Dave Lynch, everyone raved about him at my wedding.

for a Florist I went with Lyndsay Loring Designs and she did a fantasic job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ya, once you get a lot of quotes and see how much your get for how much $ it will make the decision a lot easier. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Make a bunch of appointments to meet with vendors to see who is right for you.

We are using Billy Rears from Main Event DJs for the music

For a florist we are using the Village Bouquet out of Farmington (FI's uncle is the owner.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Appointments were what did it for me... we felt a conection with all our vendors, and then budget was assessed. 

We're using LauraLeighPhotography, DJ Scott Langlois, and Lyndsey Loring Designs for our florist :-)
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • Options
    DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_many-chose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:021d79bc-ac6a-4041-8915-0f57c5d06587Post:af0e4c6c-ecc6-43db-b810-2c0cdc392a44">too many to choose from!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]there are soo many DJ's, photographers, florists etc. out there!!! how do you know which one is right for you and which ones you should even meet with?!?! 
    Posted by Kfudge0714[/QUOTE]

Start by looking for reviews of good vendors.  I recommend starting with the type of vendor most important to you and going little by little until you start to narrow it down.  For instance, I started with photographers, then moved onto florists when I had photo *mostly* sorted out.

Next, look up the websites for those vendors - those will usually give you a good idea of their work, from photography style to types of floral arrangements to DJ style.

Next, email or call those good vendors whose work you like and ask if they're available for your date, and if they are can they please send you a basic price list, or what do they need to give you a quote?

For vendors you still feel good about, <strong>and </strong>who fall within or around your budget, set up meetings.  There may be options to negotiate discounts if they're near your budget but not quite there, so don't count them out - IF you like them/their work.

For what it's worth, my vendors are:
    Photography: Catharine Morris
    Flowers: Lyndsey Loring Design
    DJ: E.C.F. Entertainment (using DJ J Boogz/Josh Field)

I found Caty and Lyndsey on these boards, and loved their work.  We met with Caty and another photographer, and ultimately decided Caty was going to give us what we wanted.  After writing to several florists for basic pricing packages and talking to a couple more at bridal shows, it was pretty clear to me that I really couldn't get much better pricing than Lyndsey.  And though Josh is a friend of mine, I did search around and look at other DJ's styles before deciding Josh was going to give us exactly what we wanted - we didn't meet with any other DJs.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're uncomfortable making a lot of one-on-one appointments, get to as many bridal shows as you can.  You'll have the chance to see many vendors together and can easily compare them side by side.  We were able to narrow down a lot of potentials by seeing them at a show first.

As the girls above already said, post here for all the details and specifics about anyone you're really interested in.  Have fun and good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used projectwedding.com for reviews before I booked anything.  It helped a lot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried looking at vendors online first.  I narrowed the list down by location (close to home/wedding location was helpful), price (often listed online or a ballpark quote is attainable with a quick phone call or e-mail), recommendations from family/friends or other brides on theknot.  I scheduled just a few meetings for each 'category'- 5 or so reception venues first.  When we decided on a reception site, the wedding coordinator had recommendations, most of which we took and booked after meeting with them and liking them.  Overall, follow your gut instinct, and don't stop until you find what feels right!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards