New Hampshire

made appointment for my first dress fitting!

I made my first dress fitting appointment for April 21st!! I will be using Dress Making by Dolly thanks to the recommendations on here about her! She quoted me $200-$250 for hem, bustle, and taking in the dress... Do you think that sounds reasonable?

Re: made appointment for my first dress fitting!

• So exciting!! I know I paid a bit less than that for alterations, but I did not have to have mine taken in- just bustle and hem.  From what I have seen and heard, everyone LOVES Dolly, and seems to feel that her charges are reasonable.  If she had been closer to my area, I definitely would have considered going with her!  Best of luck!
    Anniversary
  • That price sounds reasonable.  I paid over $300 for my alterations, but with someone else. And I was not happy!

I've heard great things about Dolly!
    Anniversary
  • That does sound pretty reasonable to me as well. I am going to Fay Carraher in Billerica in a couple weeks! I would have gone with Dolly but Fay is closer to me and she gets good reviews on the Boston board. Have fun!!!! I think you went with a great person!
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_made-appointment-first-dress-fitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:040b6271-b7ec-4a5e-be34-f9590c588a3cPost:59c458f5-a61c-4152-8a4c-e054377b9250">Re: made appointment for my first dress fitting!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That does sound pretty reasonable to me as well. I am going to Fay Carraher in Billerica in a couple weeks! I would have gone with Dolly but Fay is closer to me and she gets good reviews on the Boston board. Have fun!!!! I think you went with a great person!
    Posted by daisy667[/QUOTE]

haha OMG I know Fay!!! probably because I'm from Billerica =)
  • That's crazy! It's a small world! Have you heard any reviews of her work?
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_made-appointment-first-dress-fitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:040b6271-b7ec-4a5e-be34-f9590c588a3cPost:328e150b-37bc-4461-aae4-a0743a388fed">Re: made appointment for my first dress fitting!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's crazy! It's a small world! Have you heard any reviews of her work?
    Posted by daisy667[/QUOTE]

sorry I don't... I actually didn't even know she was a seamstress. But she is a VERY nice lady =)
  • Dolly did the alterations on my dress!  She's super sweet and really cheap. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_made-appointment-first-dress-fitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:040b6271-b7ec-4a5e-be34-f9590c588a3cPost:5a966a98-4763-41cf-8760-da25d678359f">Re: made appointment for my first dress fitting!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: made appointment for my first dress fitting! : sorry I don't... I actually didn't even know she was a seamstress. But she is a VERY nice lady =)
    Posted by Kfudge0714[/QUOTE]

Well that's good to hear, anyway. :)
    Photobucket
  • Dolly's work is AMAZING! And her prices are so great! She did my dress for my wedding. My cost was a bit less, but I did not need a hem or anything taken in or out...only having cups put in, snaps on the modesty panel, steaming the veil and pressing the dress...it was about $150.  You will be so glad you went with her.  She is so sweet and her work is just wonderful.  I'm pretty sure she can do anything to a wedding dress and make it look fabulous! Have fun at your fitting!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards