New Hampshire
Options

Rehearsal Dinner

I live in southern NH and to cut costs for the rehearsal dinner my Fiance and I are using the clubhouse that is owned by his mom's townhouse association. But now that I am looking into ideas on what to do for food it seems it might be just as much to go out to a restaurant. We wanted something a little more relaxed. My wedding is in November so bbq food might be difficult. Any ideas on what we could do to cut back on costs? I'm trying to avoid just ordering pizza...lol!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Some local places like TJ's or McNulty and Foley's will do a catered BBQ (maybe even in Nov) that might be cheaper than a sit down meal.  They always offer the Italian staples too: trays of chicken parm, salads, ziti, and often holiday themed food like turkey breat or chicken cutlets, etc.

We had our RD at Villa Banca which was nice, but we only had about 15 people attending.  Depending on your #'s, it might be cheaper to stick with the clubhouse?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hosted my sister's baby shower at a similar location and used Giorgio's restaurant in Milford, NH.  They also have a location in Merrimack.  Both locations are on Amherst St.  They offer a variety of options on their catering menu.  They now even offer staff to serve the food.  I just picked the food up and had a self-serve buffett.  If I recall correctly I ordered a vege tray, lasagna (it's to die for), CBZ, 2 types of salad and bread/butter for under $200 for 25 guests.  We had a ton of leftovers and everyone loved the food.  Here the web address to their catering menu: http://giorgios.com/catering/. Sorry but I couldn't seem to get the "insert link" to work.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to Giorgio's myself but I know my parents LOVE it there and go for just about every occasion they can.

If you're looking for something a little different, I know Margarita's Mexican Restaurant caters for around $8 pp.  We had it at work for Black Friday, my employers were kind enough to feed everyone since we had to be there, and it was delicious!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    redsoxfan619redsoxfan619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Look into Lui Lui. They are in Nashua and they have a great group meal package for $16.25 pp. They do charge a $50 room fee, but you don't have to put down a deposit and they will only charge you for who shows to the dinner. Good Luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked Lui Lui for our rehearsal dinner.  They've been excellent on the communication front and have the best prices and best reviews of any restaurants/function places in that area that I could find
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JustineR329JustineR329 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing Lui Lui as well.   It includes pizza, pasta, salad and soda.  I wanted something relaxed and low key...and this fit the bill :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards