Chit Chat
Options

Wedding Dress destroyed by cleaners

I am sick.  I have 3 weeks until my wedding and my dress has been destroyed by the cleaners this week.  I don't have much money but i don't want a cheap dress for my church wedding!  My accessories are bought and paid for but I'm sure will not due with an all white dress...My dress was red and white, very original, and NOW WHAT??!!!  :(

Re: Wedding Dress destroyed by cleaners

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-dress-destroyed-by-cleaners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:66a1aadd-20e5-486a-9b62-f422cd57b018Post:4d11ea3d-f3a4-4184-9b70-efa82792bed8">Re: Wedding Dress destroyed by cleaners</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you mean by destroyed? The cleaners should be paying to replace the dress, including any added fees to get the dress on time and any alteration fees that will be needed.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

I will hope... the owner is out until next week... and finding a dress and having alterations done in 2 weeks is crazy!!
  • Options
    I agree with Linger and it doesn't matter if the owner is out of town. They need to be handling this and making it right for you if the dress was destroyed by their fault.

I'd be getting the owners number and going in person until you got some answers.

Where was the original dress purchased from? Was it a custom made gown? Do you have pictures of what it looked like prior to the cleaners (for documentation)?

Alterations can be done in 2 weeks, it'll just cost more, which, if its the cleaners fault, then they should foot the bill.

Best wishes! As hard as it probably is to do, try to not freak out. Try and stay calm as it'll help you in the long run.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'd go out and buy a dress of equal cost and pay the rush fee, then sue the cleaners for the cost of EVERYTHING.  Screw them!  I'm so sorry this is happening to you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-dress-destroyed-by-cleaners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:66a1aadd-20e5-486a-9b62-f422cd57b018Post:c18aeb63-09ae-4fd9-b92e-bcf2158988ed">Re: Wedding Dress destroyed by cleaners</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Dress destroyed by cleaners : I will hope... the owner is out until next week... and finding a dress and having alterations done in 2 weeks is crazy!!
    Posted by sewhcw21[/QUOTE]

Demand that the owner call you TODAY.  Even if he/she is out for a week, I guarantee, the Dry Cleaners knows how to get a hold of him/her.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    runpipparunrunpipparun member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    I sent her a private msg. Dunno if she got my post on the other board, but I have an unaltered/unworn gown from a years ago engagement that might work, depending on her size (bridal 14). It's an Allure Bridals that I bought for $1000 that I'm asking $300 for and would be willing to work with her on price, depending on what she can pay. It's blush, not red, but still very unique, which is why I'm having trouble selling it. Laser cut lace.

Plus, I'll be in her neck of the woods today/tomorrow.
  • Options
    someone must be in charge while the owner is gone who is the manager on duty or the highest ranked employee? Clearly if the building caught fire someone would find a way to get a hold of the owner, so they can find a way for you!!!!
  • Options
    That's so dumb... I would be furious.   Let us know how it goes :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-dress-destroyed-by-cleaners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:66a1aadd-20e5-486a-9b62-f422cd57b018Post:98ad4bb2-9a41-414a-b1b8-730b2ca1602f">Re: Wedding Dress destroyed by cleaners</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Linger and it doesn't matter if the owner is out of town. They need to be handling this and making it right for you if the dress was destroyed by their fault. I'd be getting the owners number and going in person until you got some answers. Where was the original dress purchased from? Was it a custom made gown? Do you have pictures of what it looked like prior to the cleaners (for documentation)? Alterations can be done in 2 weeks, it'll just cost more, which, if its the cleaners fault, then they should foot the bill. Best wishes! As hard as it probably is to do, try to not freak out. Try and stay calm as it'll help you in the long run.
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your advise!  I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-dress-destroyed-by-cleaners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:66a1aadd-20e5-486a-9b62-f422cd57b018Post:0800610d-c11c-4f7d-870d-eea71ee59213">Re: Wedding Dress destroyed by cleaners</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd go out and buy a dress of equal cost and pay the rush fee, then sue the cleaners for the cost of EVERYTHING.  Screw them!  I'm so sorry this is happening to you.
    Posted by Jinxed329[/QUOTE]

That is my plan if they dont want to pay... I will definitely go for extra money for the stress too!! OMG! Thanks for your support.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-dress-destroyed-by-cleaners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:66a1aadd-20e5-486a-9b62-f422cd57b018Post:ba5d6476-b083-464b-919a-e77686216cd1">Re: Wedding Dress destroyed by cleaners</a>:
    [QUOTE]someone must be in charge while the owner is gone who is the manager on duty or the highest ranked employee? Clearly if the building caught fire someone would find a way to get a hold of the owner, so they can find a way for you!!!!
    Posted by shanliann[/QUOTE]

I've managed to quit crying and pull myself together and have my groom, we're going in today to speak with the person in charge and ask again that the owner be contacted immediately.  Hopefully this situation remains civil so I have some hope for legal ramification if this does not go the way I hope.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-dress-destroyed-by-cleaners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:66a1aadd-20e5-486a-9b62-f422cd57b018Post:2eadf1b3-cc58-4683-a568-78658e58dfa7">Re: Wedding Dress destroyed by cleaners</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Dress destroyed by cleaners : I've managed to quit crying and pull myself together and have my groom, we're going in today to speak with the person in charge and ask again that the owner be contacted immediately.  Hopefully this situation remains civil so I have some hope for legal ramification if this does not go the way I hope.
    Posted by sewhcw21[/QUOTE]

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you :)
  • Options
    Oh wow I hope everything works out. I would be absolutely devistated. Good luck!
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards