Chit Chat
Options

XP: Anniversary Song?

So I thought I was all good on the wedding music front- we have our DJ, we have our first dance (You Look Wonderful Tonight), we have the Father Daughter dance (I Loved Her First)... I thought I was in the clear.

Then I realized that our wedding happens to take place in a super important year for our families. It's my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary in June, my parent's 25th wedding anniversary in April, Shawn's parent's 25th wedding anniversary in June, and our wedding in June. Shawn's grandparents will be celebrating 52 years in February. Oh, and I just realized that it MIGHT be my other Grandpa's 10th wedding anniversary to his second wife if I have my years figured out correctly. 

Regardless, 50, 25, 25, and our wedding is a pretty big deal. So I thought that a special song/dance number for all the anniversaries would be a fitting tribute. Now the trouble is finding one. Any suggestions? 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: XP: Anniversary Song?

• Options
    I love Adele's version of  "make you feel my love".
  • Options
    I think classic is a good way to go since you'll have so many older couples dancing. Or maybe you can take a classic and do a modern version--doesn't Michael Buble do a bunch of Sinatra?
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    I would go for something Sinatra or Dean Martin.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That's a very cute idea, I love michael buble! Hey we are getting married on the same day =) I don't have a first dance song picked out yet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker xoxo LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers image Anniversary
  • Options
    Classic is definitely safer considering the age groups represented.
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    To all you ladies....my grandparents would've been so upset to be matched with the oldies simply because of their age (my parents would be pissed....they love Adele and Michael Buble).  BTW..."make you feel my love" was originally sung by Bob Dylan (who is currently 70 yrs old) and it was just redone by Adele into a smoother version.  But if you really want to talk about classic...I would go for Barry White's My Everything.  It's a classic song but it still has enough rhythm that your guests won't be falling asleep or ignoring the dance.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_xp-anniversary-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:6b8dd062-6456-4f8e-a1a4-949756d4d5a3Post:a3904d1b-1154-45b7-b047-d591f7c2bb1c">Re: XP: Anniversary Song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]To all you ladies....my grandparents would've been so upset to be matched with the oldies simply because of their age (my parents would be pissed....they love Adele and Michael Buble).  <strong>BTW..."make you feel my love" was originally sung by Bob Dylan (who is currently 70 yrs old) and it was just redone by Adele into a smoother version. </strong> But if you really want to talk about classic...I would go for Barry White's My Everything.  It's a classic song but it still has enough rhythm that your guests won't be falling asleep or ignoring the dance.
    Posted by Cinderella30[/QUOTE]

I think the PP that mentioned "Make You Feel My Love" knew that..that's why she said Adele's version.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    There is also the Garth Brooks version of Make You Feel my Love from the movie Hope Floats.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_xp-anniversary-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:6b8dd062-6456-4f8e-a1a4-949756d4d5a3Post:875f64fe-6db0-41e3-b6f1-fcb8d00050f0">Re: XP: Anniversary Song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP: Anniversary Song? : I think the PP that mentioned "Make You Feel My Love" knew that..that's why she said Adele's version.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to let you know, you were responding to the PP that mentioned that song in your post. :P

And Kelly Clarkson did it, too. That song has been done by so many people.

Cinderella, why would your grandparents and/or parents be pissed because you chose a classic song for everyone to dance to? Plenty of people enjoy Sinatra and Dean Martin. They aren't necessarily 'oldies'. They are called 'classics' for a reason. They are also really, really fun to dance to.

OP, in my opinion, something classic would definitely be the way to go. If you want something more modern, I really like PP's idea of using a Buble version of a classic song. You can never go wrong with some good Michael Buble!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards