New Hampshire

check and awesome check

Save the Dates are officially out.  I am super glad that we held off doing these because we ended up changing the date due to the Raddison debacle.

HONEYMOON IS BOOKED YAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHOOOOO...we just booked 8 nights at the Majestic Elegance in DR.  we upgraded to the elegance club and booked the very best room.  I cant wait to go.

Re: check and awesome check

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on the amazing checks! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• edited December 2011
    Awesome checks!!
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • edited December 2011
    Yahoo back at ya! Great checks! :)
    Anniversary
  • ladyd522ladyd522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats! We are going to the Majestic Elegance the end of April for vacation! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker> Photobucket
  • SoonToBeJRE11SoonToBeJRE11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  ladyd522 let me know the full review if you dont' mind....and i'd love to see pics if your will tto share :)
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks--sounds like a great HM destination.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!

Our honeymoon is at the Majestic Elegance too! We will be there the first week of May!
    Anniversary
  • SoonToBeJRE11SoonToBeJRE11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gr8fulbrat,
    oooo  i can't wait to hear your feed back...did you do excellence club? what kind of room did you get?  i can' t stop reading trip advisor.  Here is a message from someone who went on their honey moon there, they did a couple of excursions that look great. 

"It was called the Marinarium : Marine Park and Aquarium (www.marinarium.com)
    We did the Snorkeling Cruise, not the Reef Explorer
    I believe it was 89$/per person, but honestly it is well worth it! It is about 5 hours and almost like 3 excursions in 1. You snorkel, drink, dance, go to an area in the ocean where you seem far from shore but are able to stand and they bring out a floating bar! On top of that, its basically like a day cruise!
    Here is what is included:
    - Snorkeling with sharks and rays marine park
    - Cruise along the natural reserve of Cabeza de Toro
    - Catamarans with two decks, equipped with glass bottom
    - Open bar and snacks
    - A/C Bus transportation

Also, just a tip: bring a towel! I don't know what the weather will be when you are there, but I'm sure it will be similar. The water itself is great, a little chilly but once you are in its fine. Its just the wind when you get out that is cold at times. I also recommend getting an underwater camera from the resort rather than the boat, it's a 10$ difference.

Another one we did was the Rancho Macao Four Wheels and Buggies. This one was great because you were able to drive your own car through the city, to shops, a beautiful beach, and an underwater cave. We went through the plantains (sp?) and got to see where they grow the coffee and coacoa and sample it. This one was only 65$/per person and another 4+ hour excursion. Make sure you wear something you dont care if it gets muddy (do not wear white!)."
  • edited December 2011
    teh honeymoon check is always fun- but it makes me impatient to travel, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Soontobe, We upgraded to the elegance club and we are in an Oceanfront Suite.  This is our first trip out of the country. Very excited. We definitely plan to do excursions. I can't wait! 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Exciting checks, honeymoon sounds awesome!
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  That sounds like a really exciting honeymoon :)
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards