Chit Chat
Options

How small is your SMALL wedding?

I would really prefer a super private ceremony with only our closest of close friends and family. Our guest list started out topping off at 75ppl. Looking back at the list, we're thinking of inviting only 50 of those ppl.

How many people are on your small guest list?
11.13.2010 = BEST DAY EVER!!!
Married Bio

Re: How small is your SMALL wedding?

• Options
    We invited 50, expecting about 40.  We ended up at about 45 IIRC.  The guest list was comprised of our attendants, their spouses, our immediate families, our vendors (photographer and videographers were friends), and a couple of other close relatives.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    We are having 80 people at our wedding.
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • Options
    We invited a little over 200 people. About 125 showed up. On my side we went to second cousins, but H has a big family with tons and tons of cousins, so he didn't go nearly as far.
  • Options
    When we had planned to do a small wedding, we were inviting 30 people.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Invited 50, 20 are coming.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Inviting 55, I think all will come since they're really close family and friends only.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    inviting 104 (Including attendents), not very small i guess but for my family it will be the smallest wedding by far.
    The most beautiful things in the world are not seen nor touched. They are felt with the heart. -- Helen Keller Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My wedding is small.  13 people including my fiance and I.  :)
  • Options
    I am invited 50 to the ceremony. I am only expecting about 30, which is fine with me:-) We are having a big reception afterwards. My ceremony venue is small, so there's not much I can do about that...
    "I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are inviting probably 130 people (mostly as a 'courtesy' for my side, anyway) but are expecting 50-60. This is because my whole family and all my friends live across the country and cannot afford to fly/drive here. And that is fine, but I still wanted them to know they can come.
  • Options
    We wanted 30, invited 60, and ended up with 30.

If you plan your wedding with short notice on a long weekend, it helps. 
  • Options
    Kept ceremony to family only since our venue is small, probably having 28 there. At home dinner reception is at 45 people now, invited 76 to that (including family).
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • Options
    Our "small destination wedding" ended up being 80!!! 

• Options
    We're inviting 28 and I'm expecting almost all to show up! 
  • Options
     We invited 52 and 52 have rsvp'd. It's only a family wedding, We didn't want a party, just a small celebration for family. 
  • Options
    Our guest list is about 68, give or take. Mostly all family so I think the number will stay around there.
    November Siggy Challenge: Favorite On Screen Couple
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're inviting 80 and expect 30.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_small-small-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:73ad40a2-ff85-4374-b08b-aa38d79d408dPost:29b31580-cfc5-4555-8449-798a1a04e598">How small is your SMALL wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would really prefer a super private ceremony with only our closest of close friends and family. Our guest list started out topping off at 75ppl. Looking back at the list, we're thinking of inviting only 50 of those ppl. How many people are on your small guest list?
    Posted by BabyKaykes[/QUOTE]

Hey is that your wedding dress in your siggy?
  • Options
    my first wedding was 50.

this time around i estimate will be 15.
  • Options
    We'll be inviting 75- hopefully most people will show.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We invited 57, 55 are coming.  I wanted to keep it smaller than that, but FMIL offered to pay for the extras.
  • Options
    Invited 14, had 11.
  • Options
    We're inviting around 90. Most are "courtesy" invites of my parents, and if everyone shows up yay, but honestly expecting about 50.
  • Options
    Ours will be about 65, expecting most, if not all, to come..

I had originally wanted 30-40, but for a bunch of reasons we wound up with a ballroom as our venue, and 30 people would be wierd in that setting. It making my parents happy, anyway - I wasn't going to invite any aunts, uncles, or cousins..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are inviting 70 day guests, 10 evening guests so 80 in total

We are expecting them all to come as it is only close family & very close friends. Fi has a big family so the split is about 70/30
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_small-small-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:73ad40a2-ff85-4374-b08b-aa38d79d408dPost:b236e6df-de1b-477c-9e76-af36d3c0823e">Re: How small is your SMALL wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are inviting 70 day guests, 10 evening guests so 80 in total We are expecting them all to come as it is only close family & very close friends. Fi has a big family so the split is about 70/30
    Posted by gemmalouise85[/QUOTE]

What are day and evening guests?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_small-small-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:73ad40a2-ff85-4374-b08b-aa38d79d408dPost:bf3e5c2d-2c13-4d48-a32d-103603804a28">Re: How small is your SMALL wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How small is your SMALL wedding? : Hey is that your wedding dress in your siggy?
    Posted by Belle2Be[/QUOTE]

Maybe....I'm still undecided between this one and a similar style with more beading and less stripes, but right now, this one is winning.
    11.13.2010 = BEST DAY EVER!!!
    Married Bio
  • Options
    We're having around 50 people. I would have liked it smaller than that, but his family is a lot bigger than mine.
  • Options
    We invited 140 who were mostly distant family members who got an invite out of courtesy/obligation knowing full well they would NOT show up.

62 are coming, which we were thinking 50ish realistically so it wasn't a bad guess.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards